i take philosophy maths and physics

and I want to apply for both straight physics and geophysics

i was planning to apply to
st andrews
Leeds
durham
ucl
imperial

i know durham you can sub in subistute but I'm not too sure if any other unis do this

at st Andrew's geophysics is put as geology but the course is still appealing to me I've made to personal statements but I know you can make it one but finding it difficult.

what should I do
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous13sixty)
i take philosophy maths and physics

and I want to apply for both straight physics and geophysics

i was planning to apply to
st andrews
Leeds
durham
ucl
imperial

i know durham you can sub in subistute but I'm not too sure if any other unis do this

at st Andrew's geophysics is put as geology but the course is still appealing to me I've made to personal statements but I know you can make it one but finding it difficult.

what should I do
Why are you applying for both physics and geophysics? Why not one or the other? You're going to have to make a choice between the two eventually anyway...
anonymous13sixty
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Plagioclase)
Why are you applying for both physics and geophysics? Why not one or the other? You're going to have to make a choice between the two eventually anyway...
I'm kinda gearing towards geophysics now but a few people are saying just to combine but I'm thinking of just applying to geophysics it quite good degree for job prospectuses
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous13sixty)
I'm kinda gearing towards geophysics now but a few people are saying just to combine but I'm thinking of just applying to geophysics it quite good degree for job prospectuses
Are you fully aware of what geophysics entails? I also applied for geophysics at most universities when I was applying but in retrospect was not fully aware of what it involved!
anonymous13sixty
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i

(Original post by Plagioclase)
Are you fully aware of what geophysics entails? I also applied for geophysics at most universities when I was applying but in retrospect was not fully aware of what it invol
yeah i guess i made my personal statement on geophysics ut i really feel like its quite basic and applying to places like Durham and uclsoi thinki wont even be considered

I spoke about the Anthropocene semiology, climate change, petroleum exploration(final section), quantum computing work experience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads