Argument with gf

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My friend who’s parents are quite well off, they have a big house, he stays there as well but his dad helped him by his own brand new house that was newly built just for him and he’s also got a BMW with a Land Rover that his parents got him and he’s got quite a few nice stuff.

My friend was showing me, my gf round his house I and my gf started going on at him that he should be ashamed of himself that his parents have bought him all that I thought he is going to get mad but luckily he just laughed at her. My gf was continuing lecturing him that she’s got to work so hard for her money and her parents don’t have all that money. My mate was just pretty much laughing at her. Anyway we were going home, I just told her why she went at my friend, she started saying the same to me that he should be ashamed of himself that his parents pay for everything and whatever. She was just saying she’s got to work hard, complaining how skint she is and she admitted to being jealous. I mean I understand he maybe could do with earning money and I used to be like this complaining about rich kids who’s parents pay for a lot. Now though as long as the rich kid isn’t the bratty type and they aren’t lazy which my friend is none of them I don’t see anything wrong with parents paying for a lot. It’s not like my mate is on the dole his own family paid for everything and I think that’s fine considering my mate has a job as well.

My girlfriend was jealous and admitted to it. I ended up not shouting at her but putting her in her place a bit about her jealousy. I told her she’s a separate family, it’s not his fault her family aren’t well off and that his family is. She started crying and when we got home she packed her stuff then ran off. Before she went off she told me she can’t even afford 1 car or can’t even afford a licence so never mind some luxury ones and she can’t afford these houses and nice possessions or her family can’t. She then ran off back to her families house with her stuff and I haven’t heard from her since. She didn’t say where she was going and I said does she need a lift back to wherever she’s going which she ignored me. I didn’t know she was going to run to her families house I thought she was meeting someone or something I only realised she’s gone when all he stuff weren’t there. Now I don’t know what to do
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
This smells like ✨finance✨ and ✨debt✨
Alienated.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Could you summarize that for for me please?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alienated.)
Could you summarize that for for me please?
So my gf is jealous of my rich mate, she lectured him, I just told her to stop being so jealous, she cried and ran off
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
This smells like ✨finance✨ and ✨debt✨
No ones in debt
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe try to apologise
Anonymous #1
Maybe try to apologise
I did try
Alienated.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So my gf is jealous of my rich mate, she lectured him, I just told her to stop being so jealous, she cried and ran off
I don't know both sides but it seems to me that your girlfriend is quite immature. When I say immature, I mean that she hasn't realised that life isn't fair and that not everyone is given a good hand. I think the reason why she was upset was because she and her family have to work hard for the minimum while your friend doesn't really have to work at all. He shouldn't be ashamed of that though. I think it's best to give her some time and apologies for argument's sake. Explain to her why you thought she was wrong when things have calmed down a bit.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has your gf returned to her parent's home, taken all her possessions with her and stopped all communcation with you- following a fight about her being jealous that your friend has generous wealthy parents? :confused:
If so, it sounds like she has got fed up of the relationship and may dump you when she decides to stop the silent treatment.
She seems immature with quite a temper, as well as bitterly envious of your friend.
Anonymous #1
I don't know both sides but it seems to me that your girlfriend is quite immature. When I say immature, I mean that she hasn't realised that life isn't fair and that not everyone is given a good hand. I think the reason why she was upset was because she and her family have to work hard for the minimum while your friend doesn't really have to work at all. He shouldn't be ashamed of that though. I think it's best to give her some time and apologies for argument's sake. Explain to her why you thought she was wrong when things have calmed down a bit.
No my mates dad works his socks off literally he works extremely hard, he travels all around the world for working so he buys his son nice possessions, he has his own nice cars and his own nice house so it means my friend can do a bit less. His dad just came back from another country literally and he was literally leaving to go to another country the next morning for work
Alienated.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No my mates dad works his socks off literally he works extremely hard, he travels all around the world for working so he buys his son nice possessions, he has his own nice cars and his own nice house so it means my friend can do a bit less. His dad just came back from another country literally and he was literally leaving to go to another country the next morning for work
:confused: Then your girlfriend is very immature. Everyone works hard so that they or their family can live a comfortable life, why on earth is that something to be ashamed of? :lol:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Has your gf returned to her parent's home, taken all her possessions with her and stopped all communcation with you- following a fight about her being jealous that your friend has generous wealthy parents? :confused:
If so, it sounds like she has got fed up of the relationship and may dump you when she decides to stop the silent treatment.
She seems immature with quite a temper, as well as bitterly envious of your friend.
I don’t think she’s dumped me. Yes it’s immature, I was like this but I was 19 years old if that so barley an adult I was kind of bitter about the same guy, but I shook hands with him I apologised and I carried on. My girlfriend is not that young age she’s 26 she should apologise which she isn’t prepared to do
Anonymous #1
:confused: Then your girlfriend is very immature. Everyone works hard so that they or their family can live a comfortable life, why on earth is that something to be ashamed of? :lol:
Exactly there’s nothing wrong with your parents paying for stuff if anything it’s great because it shows you get on with your parents because I can tell my mate gets on well with his dad
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your mate's dad sounds like a good man, I don't know what the **** your girlfriend's problem is besides being bitter, that's something she's going to need to get over if she's not already consumed by it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
Your mate's dad sounds like a good man, I don't know what the **** your girlfriend's problem is besides being bitter, that's something she's going to need to get over if she's not already consumed by it.
Yes 100% also if my gf wants all these nice stuff she can save up it’s not like she’s incapable of getting them, she wastes her money on other things like these expensive designer clothing or often aboard holidays and stuff which she has spent up to 4 figures on it’s fine if she wants that but she spends money on them frequently as well then she complains she can’t afford stuff more useful like a vehicle. On the other hand I get cheap clothes whatever and cheaper less often holidays and have more useful stuff then save my money. This reminds me, she sometimes takes the mick out of me for wearing cheap stuff as well and then cries about other people
Mustafa0605
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes 100% also if my gf wants all these nice stuff she can save up it’s not like she’s incapable of getting them, she wastes her money on other things like these expensive designer clothing or often aboard holidays and stuff which she has spent up to 4 figures on it’s fine if she wants that but she spends money on them frequently as well then she complains she can’t afford stuff more useful like a vehicle. On the other hand I get cheap clothes whatever and cheaper less often holidays and have more useful stuff then save my money. This reminds me, she sometimes takes the mick out of me for wearing cheap stuff as well and then cries about other people
The funny thing is that a driving license only costs about 1k on average to acquire. If you knew she’s not a stable, mature person it was probably a mistake to take her to your mate’s nice house.
Culver
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nah she’s just being immature I mean it’s fine to be jealous and upset about how unequal society is but she shouldn’t take it out on you or even your friend like good for them that they’re rich an all I don’t think you should even be apologising to her anymore tbh u guys must be pretty young
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
The funny thing is that a driving license only costs about 1k on average to acquire. If you knew she’s not a stable, mature person it was probably a mistake to take her to your mate’s nice house.
Yes I’d rather have a drive and have cheap clothes with cheap holidays than have just your feet to get to places with some expensive abroad holidays. You have to look at things more useful sometimes because all designer clothes are going to do is make you look good or a holiday is just going to be a small memory but barley anything after you’ve been but a car can get you to places dry and convenient. It’s not even about cars it’s just about using money wisely obviously it’s up to her what she buys but I would look at stuff more useful
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is your friend's dad a hitman?

I could use one. PM me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
Is your friend's dad a hitman?

I could use one. PM me.
Wtf he’s not a hitman no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (705)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads