scammed on ebay?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've recently bought a cricket bowling machine to practice in the garden, when it arrived i plugged it in and turned it on and nothing happened, i tried plugging it into different sockets, reattaching everything and still no response, i then took a look at the machine itself and i can notice a few of the screws are a little rusty, and the stickers look like they've been attempted to be peeled off, but kind of wrinky, this suggested to me that it had been water damaged, and it was useless. Is there anyway i can confirm it has been water damaged by opening the machine? Also it has warranty until the 15th November this year so do you think it'll cover it.
CrawfordDave
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've recently bought a cricket bowling machine to practice in the garden, when it arrived i plugged it in and turned it on and nothing happened, i tried plugging it into different sockets, reattaching everything and still no response, i then took a look at the machine itself and i can notice a few of the screws are a little rusty, and the stickers look like they've been attempted to be peeled off, but kind of wrinky, this suggested to me that it had been water damaged, and it was useless. Is there anyway i can confirm it has been water damaged by opening the machine? Also it has warranty until the 15th November this year so do you think it'll cover it.
First you should take photos and send them to the seller and ask for a refund. If they don't respond, or say no, you can open up a dispute with ebay.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Opening it yourself will kill any chance of a return or warranty return, I'd take it up with the seller in the first place as simply not working.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My plan was to go through the manufactuer warranty which expires on the 15th November, send the machine back to him, get him to send it to the manufacturer and go through the replacement (hopefully) and if that doesn't work then I would get a refund from the seller. Would this work?
tashkent46
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You are massively overcomplicating this it is hardly contract law question of the year. You were sold faulty goods, use the warranty or return it for a refund.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.29%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (68)
19.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (37)
10.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
28.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed