lagnado2003
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all, on my list of potential universities for MH I've got Kent, Aberystwyth, Brunel and Bishop Grosseteste. Wondering if I could get an insight into these courses or any other options I've missed out.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
King's, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Edit: Assuming that War Studies is acceptable to you.
Last edited by ageshallnot; 4 weeks ago
Bishop Grosseteste University
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lagnado2003)
Hi all, on my list of potential universities for MH I've got Kent, Aberystwyth, Brunel and Bishop Grosseteste. Wondering if I could get an insight into these courses or any other options I've missed out.
Hi there, great to hear that you're interested in our Military History degree, it's an exciting course that delves into the history of warfare along with investigating and examining the many social and cultural impacts of conflict.

You'll cover a wide range of topics, both on and off the battlefield, including developments in tactics and weaponry, naval and aerial combat and the history of modern espionage. All of this is lead by research active tutors with a continued focus on your skills and employability once you graduate.

The best way to find out more about it though would be to come to our Virtual Open Event on the 13th of November, you'll be able to speak with the Programme Leader and current students who can give you more information based on their personal experiences.

If there are any other questions I can answer, let me know.
Jonny
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi lagnado2003,

I am a 3rd year student here at Aberystwyth and I am really enjoying studying here. Aberystwyth is a great place to be a student, there is a great feel to the town and there is always plenty to do and see. The University has a very friendly and welcoming feel and has even been named Welsh University of the Year for 2020 in The Sunday Times Good University Guide. The teaching quality is very high, The Sunday Times Good University Guide has been named the University of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for Teaching quality.

The town is well known for being a very safe place to live and has a very friendly atmosphere attracts many students here, including myself. Although Aberystwyth is a small town the nightlife is great, there a lot of pubs as well as cocktail bars and two clubs. It is very reasonably priced, especially when compared to a lot of the cities. There are lots of cafes and shops, as well as several supermarkets (Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, M&S and Iceland) that are all very accessible. There is plenty to do in the surrounding area as well with Snowdonia National Park on the doorstep and Birmingham, Cardiff and Shrewsbury are very accessible for a day trip.

Looking at the modules offered at each university is a really good way of comparing the courses to see which may interest you more. This is something I did when comparing universities when I applied and definitely helped me make my decision. It may also be worth looking at how each course is assessed, to compare which style of assessment may suit the way you work best. Rankings are useful to look at, but it is also important to think about how the course is suited to your interests and what you are going to get out of it.

We have an interactive online open day coming up where you can have the opportunity to talk online to course lecturers, current students and admissions staff as well as take a panoramic tour of our campus and accommodation. You can register here if interested?

I hope this helps with your decision; I am happy to help with any further questions you may have 😊

Rebecca
StudentRep Canterbury
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lagnado2003)
Hey! I won't take up too much of your time- just want to make you aware that our Military History degree is highly prestigious and you would be receiving an 'outstanding' level of teaching (we have been awarded GOLD for its teaching quality by TEF). In Kent’s School of History, you are taught by top academic staff who value your opinions and encourage you to study widely. The University of Kent is in a unique geographic position to study war and its effects. Canterbury and Kent have been ‘Frontline Britain’ in British military history and contain significant military sites, ranging from Roman forts to Cold War nuclear bunkers.For further information, please visit https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/under...litary-history
Redcoat893
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm a first year War and Society student at Swansea, absolutely love it here! That being said the best uni is probably King's on a purely academic level but Swansea is great as both a city and on a support level with the University! Let me know if you have any questions about how the course is!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads