asdasdihpi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Im starting to save up for a laptop for uni as my hp one now is broken and too heavy to carry around.
Which MacBook would you recommend.. I don't really see a major difference in the two other than air being a little more cheaper.
Last edited by asdasdihpi; 4 weeks ago
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Air is probably better for general internet things and most uni work whereas if you also do more editing/graphics work or run more space sucking programs, the Pro is the way to go.

I used an Air at Uni for assignments as well as photography work on the side for three years and it worked just fine..
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by asdasdihpi)
Im starting to save up for a laptop for uni as my hp one now is broken and too heavy to carry around.
Which MacBook would you recommend.. I don't really see a major difference in the two other than air being a little more cheaper.
The baseline dual core Air is complete garbage for a laptop costing a grand, and the quad core model is still weaker than the Pro while also having thermal issues, and not only it is barely any lighter, but the Pro is actually uniformly thinner than the Air is at its thickest point. And it costs the same as the baseline Pro. So it's an easy choice- if you can afford the £1300 base Pro, get the Pro. If you can't afford the base Pro, buy something else, becauss the base Air is so poor for £1000 it borders on comical.
username5383500
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As Gofre says, Air is a joke and the Pro makes far more sense. For now at least.

You mention that you're saving up, so it's not likely you'll be buying a laptop immediately. But avoid buying anything in the immediate future as the upcoming release of Apple Silicon based laptops may change things completely. If nothing else, I'd hate to save £1300 for a laptop, only to find it's outdated days after buying it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads