Super stressed with a level revision

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been getting painful stress headaches and I haven't been able to breathe properly for the last couple of days due to revision stress. The more I stress, the more I physically can't revise, it's so strange. I have to watch something that will make me laugh or smile to distract myself from my severe anxiety & stress symptoms. My mock exams are next tuesday, and after just recovering from a pretty bad cold (not corona though) I just feel like I haven't done any revision and I'm going to fail these exams. The most stress-inducing part is that I have this gut feeling that I won't be doing A levels this year, so these exams are basically my make-or-break. If I fail this, I have no chance of getting into the uni and course I want, which is particularly annoying because it's the only course I've seen in my months of searching that I actually really like the look of.
So I guess I have two questions here: How do I calm myself down, and how should I approach revision in the final four days before the exam?
Medicine_is_hard
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been getting painful stress headaches and I haven't been able to breathe properly for the last couple of days due to revision stress. The more I stress, the more I physically can't revise, it's so strange. I have to watch something that will make me laugh or smile to distract myself from my severe anxiety & stress symptoms. My mock exams are next tuesday, and after just recovering from a pretty bad cold (not corona though) I just feel like I haven't done any revision and I'm going to fail these exams. The most stress-inducing part is that I have this gut feeling that I won't be doing A levels this year, so these exams are basically my make-or-break. If I fail this, I have no chance of getting into the uni and course I want, which is particularly annoying because it's the only course I've seen in my months of searching that I actually really like the look of.
So I guess I have two questions here: How do I calm myself down, and how should I approach revision in the final four days before the exam?
Hi! First of all, I completely get where you’re coming from. I did my A levels last year and used to get chest pains and headaches from stress all the time, it’s completely normal.
I would recommend talking to someone, either a GP, a parent, a school councillor, I did and it really helped to just offload on someone.
I’m terms of revision, someone once told me that they’ve never seen anyone who deserves to do well fail. That is, if you’ve put the effort in, I’m the end it will pay off.
Remember that your results now won’t be your final predicted, I went up 3 grades in some between now and August and that’s with the predicted results and no exams, teachers want you to do well and if they have seen the work you’ve put in you will be rewarded.
What subjects are you doing and what course are you going for? X
A.Peters0797
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For the next few years I'm sure universities will make some exceptions because they know how hard it has been for people to do well this year. I'm sure most people will fall behind on the grade they were hoping for due to the lack of support at the minute, so there is also always clearance if you don't quite manage it I know it sounds difficult, but try not to put too much pressure on yourself, because, no matter how prepared you are for the exams, you'll fail under pressure if nothing else. Try to think of the positives, of what I've just said about clearance and exceptions, and I'm sure you'll do better than expected. Also try not to worry about next years exams being cancelled, because they'll probably be going ahead anyway - government pride will take over and they won't want next year to be another write-off (fingers crossed!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads