Becoming noticed and gaining friends

Watch
nerual16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm a nice person with a couple of friends, for some reason people just don't seem to notice me in social situations. I do contribute but everyone is always more drawn to other peole in conversations. This makes it very hard to form friendships and I just wish people payed attention to me. Any advice on how to get attention from people? Yep. I've already tried the dying your hair idea.
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
U shouldn’t need to beg or act a certain way to get someone’s attention, they’re clearly awful friends don’t be friends with people like that. There will be people who have similar interests as u and are interested in what u have to say. They sound really immature and extremely bad friends, I wouldn’t put up with it tbh. U could join clubs or do activities that way u can meet new people etc.
Last edited by Geraldthegoat; 3 weeks ago
imaniii
Badges: 17
Report 3 weeks ago
The whole hair color change is pointless and completely unnecessary imho. Change your concept of self to who you want to be. How you want to act in front of them and what qualities you want them to find attractive/interesting about you.
nerual16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Geraldthegoat)
U shouldn’t need to beg or act a certain way to get someone’s attention, they’re clearly awful friends don’t be friends with people like that. There will be people who have similar interests as u and are interested in what u have to say. They sound really immature and extremely bad friends, I wouldn’t put up with it tbh. U could join clubs or do activities that way u can meet new people etc.
I agree, but I’m talking about new people not friends I already have
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nerual16)
I agree, but I’m talking about new people not friends I already have
Yeah but I was just saying in general
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (602)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (743)
41.79%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (353)
19.85%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.5%

Watched Threads