Kristenn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone ,
I’m new here , I did my application for SLC , and after 2 months of waiting I’ve got this message : Student finance for your course

Thank you for your application for student finance. As the qualification you'll get from your new course may be the same level as the qualification you already hold from Romania you won't get full student finance for your course.

What this means for you
For the length of your course you won't get a Tuition Fee Loan or a Maintenance Loan.

You'll be able to get Disabled Students' Allowances and any dependants grants if you're eligible.

Qualification gained outside of the UK
If you think the qualification you hold is a lower level than your new course, the UK National Academic Recognition Information Centre may be able to help you. Go to www.naric.org.uk for further information.

Please send us a Statement of Comparability letter from NARIC to confirm the level of your overseas qualification compared to a UK qualification.

Can anyone give me an advice what I can do ?
Thanks a lot
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kristenn)
Hi everyone ,
I’m new here , I did my application for SLC , and after 2 months of waiting I’ve got this message : Student finance for your course

Thank you for your application for student finance. As the qualification you'll get from your new course may be the same level as the qualification you already hold from Romania you won't get full student finance for your course.

What this means for you
For the length of your course you won't get a Tuition Fee Loan or a Maintenance Loan.

You'll be able to get Disabled Students' Allowances and any dependants grants if you're eligible.

Qualification gained outside of the UK
If you think the qualification you hold is a lower level than your new course, the UK National Academic Recognition Information Centre may be able to help you. Go to www.naric.org.uk for further information.

Please send us a Statement of Comparability letter from NARIC to confirm the level of your overseas qualification compared to a UK qualification.

Can anyone give me an advice what I can do ?
Thanks a lot
Hi,

Thanks, Isaac
Kristenn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi,

Thanks, Isaac
I understand that , but my qualification it’s 12 class diploma
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kristenn)
I understand that , but my qualification it’s 12 class diploma
I am unsure what this is. We will need to see if it's equivalent to any UK qualification.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (18)
30.51%
No - I have already returned home (8)
13.56%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (12)
20.34%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (3)
5.08%
No - I live at home during term anyway (18)
30.51%

Watched Threads