Is it realistic to leave family and start independent life after university?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Is it? Feel like my family is abusive except for mother
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is if you’re able to get a job, it all depends on that factor. Otherwise you don’t have a provision for rent. Whatever your circumstances you’ll have to aim for getting yourself as employable as possible (2:1 plus confidence in interviews and competence in tests)
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Of course it's realistic, in any circumstances. That's one of the main reasons people go to uni, to get the qualification they need to pursue the career they want, and all the trappings of independence that go with earning a wage; house, car, social life, travel...
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't know anyone who went home after graduating- even if they had to take temp jobs while something better was coming.
oglez92
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it? Feel like my family is abusive except for mother
Everybodies circumstances are different. It definitely can be done. But I guess it's fairly common for new graduates to move home after uni and spend some time getting themselves on their feet. But they're are also those who manage to get a graduate job or the means to financially support themselves immediately.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (728)
41.62%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise