Lexiroseosul
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, so i started working there around august (3 months ish ago) and was asked if how many hours i wanted a week, i asked for 7-10 as i was a student. Everything was okay, i was a bit annoyed that some weeks i was only having one shift but it was okay. In the last 5ish weeks, i've had 1 shift. Everyone in my family is telling me to quit and leave but i have severe social anxiety and am now only starting to get used to this job and dont want to have to somehow (im not sure how) quit and find a new job. This one shift in particular that ive had these last few weeks was an 8 hour shift on a Saturday and as im 16, i get the lowest pay and received £46 for it. As previously mentioned, i am a student studying for a levels currently and even though i receive EMA i am definitely struggling with money. Any suggestions or help would be really appreciated.
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd defintely quit, one shift in over weeks?
Lexiroseosul
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
I'd defintely quit, one shift in over weeks?
Yea one shift in 5 weeks, i'm pretty sure its because they're hiring loads of new people, which i don't understand as there are quite a few people there already
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
EMA? I thought that was scrapped about ten years ago? Maybe stick with it for now then when something better comes up jump ship?
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lexiroseosul)
Yea one shift in 5 weeks, i'm pretty sure its because they're hiring loads of new people, which i don't understand as there are quite a few people there already
Have you tried to request more?
Johanny x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Completely your decision.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Speak to them about more hours
Beecar98
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you actually asked for more? My partner works at a McDonalds, and they’re always very accommodating when he asks for more/less shifts/hours.
A+B+C
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Speak to them and ask for more shifts, leaving is pretty dramatic for a problem that might be solved by talking to your scheduling manager
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.53%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.31%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.11%

Watched Threads