Econjess
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi there, can someone answer me regarding question 11 from a cambridge past paper 9708 May/June 2014 paper 11?
How is that moving along the supply curve, the PES diminishes as output increases??
wizzerd15
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Econjess)
Hi there, can someone answer me regarding question 11 from a cambridge past paper 9708 May/June 2014 paper 11?
How is that moving along the supply curve, the PES diminishes as output increases??
Moving up the PES curve means qty supplied rises as price rises (ceteris paribus). As s a result more resources/factors/inputs are used up for the production. As more resources are employed, it diminishes the firm's ability to respond quickly to any changes (in this case, rise in prices) in the future, thus the PES falls as output increases. Supply gradually becomes less elastic, i.e. PES falls. When resources are fully employed, you may notice that the PES curve is vertical, meaning it had become perfectly inelastic.
Hope this answer your question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (473)
33.52%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (582)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (291)
20.62%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed