Advice on getting into a relationship during these times

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been at uni for 5 weeks and get on with my flatmates (one boy and three girls) really well but I rejected one of the girls in my flat as I've been told that it's not worth it by many freshers videos on youtube. I'm a shy guy but really want to meet someone but I don't know how to approach it during these times. All my classes are online so there isn't any actually face to face lectures.
s_clare8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been at uni for 5 weeks and get on with my flatmates (one boy and three girls) really well but I rejected one of the girls in my flat as I've been told that it's not worth it by many freshers videos on youtube. I'm a shy guy but really want to meet someone but I don't know how to approach it during these times. All my classes are online so there isn't any actually face to face lectures.
I am not entirely sure what your question is. If you like the girl then you could start as friends and see how things progress. Unless you are saying that you rejected her because the feelings aren't mutual?

I am not sure it is a good idea to base these types of decisions on generalised advice from YouTubers. There is not a singular experience at university. some people may meet their life partners in the first year, others may wish to date around. It is not one-size-fits-all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads