AbdulSalam201
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is a Pakistani LLB degree (three years ) a qualifying Law Degree (QLD) in the UK ?
Kindly guide me. Some Universities are not accepting a Pakistani Three Years LLB Degree as not a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD) in the UK.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Students who have completed a full-time degree in any subject from an overseas university qualify for entry onto the Graduate Diploma in Law.

Overseas law degrees are not recognised by the SRA as qualifying law degrees .

If you have a law degree from an overseas institution, you can in some circumstances apply to the SRA for Equivalent Means, which can grant exemption from qualification and training requirements such as the LPC, Common Professional Examination and Period of Recognised Training.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 4 weeks ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
If you're an overseas student...

Students who have completed a full-time degree in any subject from an overseas university qualify for entry onto the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), after which you can complete the Legal Practice Course (LPC) if you want to become a solicitor, or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) if you want to be a barrister. (In addition, foreign lawyers following the QLTS who have successfully completed the LPC are entitled to apply to the SRA for full exemption from the MCT.) Bear in mind that from September 2021 everyone wishing to qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales, including overseas candidates, will be required to take the new SQE.

Overseas law degrees are not recognised by the SRA as qualifying law degrees (nor are most LLMs completed in the UK). If you have a law degree from an overseas institution, you can in some circumstances apply to the SRA for Equivalent Means, which can grant exemption from qualification and training requirements such as the LPC, Common Professional Examination (CPE) and Period of Recognised Training (PRT).
All those acronyms :doh:
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AbdulSalam201)
Is a Pakistani LLB degree (three years ) a qualifying Law Degree (QLD) in the UK ?
Kindly guide me. Some Universities are not accepting a Pakistani Three Years LLB Degree as not a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD) in the UK.
I think you just answered your own question. The answer is a Law conversion course like this one at BPP for example

https://www.bpp.com/courses/law/post...version-course
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
All those acronyms :doh:
Ha I copied/pasted. Was easier.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Ha I copied/pasted. Was easier.
your post was really useful I just can't cope with so many acronyms this early in the morning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (778)
42.01%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (365)
19.71%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.48%

Watched Threads