Getting an A in French Foreign Language for IGCSE

Watch
dsds2009
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have been self-studying French foreign language for 10 months now (but since there was no teacher I didn't really do much), are there any resources or ways to help me study for my IGCSE exam so I can at least get an A?
P.S. I studied French with a teacher from year 7 to year 9. But I feel like I forgot a lot of stuff in the past 10 months as I didn't properly study.
Franco28
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dsds2009)
I have been self-studying French foreign language for 10 months now (but since there was no teacher I didn't really do much), are there any resources or ways to help me study for my IGCSE exam so I can at least get an A?
P.S. I studied French with a teacher from year 7 to year 9. But I feel like I forgot a lot of stuff in the past 10 months as I didn't properly study.
Remember key words. That’s the most important thing! Thats what will give you the most marks, to use they keywords. And when you have to write like paragraphs in french remember like “because” “that’s why” “I love this” “Therefore” “Furthermore”. Like key sentences to make up a paragraph. Write a sentence in english, select the main keywords, learn them in french and you will be able to use the same sentence structure on your sentence. Also, try to see if the french word sounds like something in english, repeat it in your head till it sounds similar to another word and you will be able to kinda assume the word and trasnlate it to english. As well read the sentence before and after the word you dont know so you can assume what they are saying and translate it (this is for the translate bit). Good luck!
dsds2009
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Franco28)
Remember key words. That’s the most important thing! Thats what will give you the most marks, to use they keywords. And when you have to write like paragraphs in french remember like “because” “that’s why” “I love this” “Therefore” “Furthermore”. Like key sentences to make up a paragraph. Write a sentence in english, select the main keywords, learn them in french and you will be able to use the same sentence structure on your sentence. Also, try to see if the french word sounds like something in english, repeat it in your head till it sounds similar to another word and you will be able to kinda assume the word and trasnlate it to english. As well read the sentence before and after the word you dont know so you can assume what they are saying and translate it (this is for the translate bit). Good luck!
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (38)
32.2%
No - I have already returned home (14)
11.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (25)
21.19%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (8)
6.78%
No - I live at home during term anyway (33)
27.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed