Should i take Triple science if i want to be a commercial pilot?

Watch
AFIF_H.K
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Good morning ,
Hope you're well , i want to take physics in A-level as i need it to be a pilot therefore i was wondering if it is better for me to take triple science for it , currently i am a combined science student , i need suggestions on this , what do you guys think is better for me to do ?
And subjects to pick in A levels too.
Thanks.
divaani28
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AFIF_H.K)
Good morning ,
Hope you're well , i want to take physics in A-level as i need it to be a pilot therefore i was wondering if it is better for me to take triple science for it , currently i am a combined science student , i need suggestions on this , what do you guys think is better for me to do ?
And subjects to pick in A levels too.
Thanks.
Hi! I hope that you're doing well too. If you mean to ask to take triple science in GCSE, I think that is definitely preferred in most high schools and for unis but they don't acknowledge GCSEs as much as A Levels so don't dwell too much on it. But, if you're talking about taking chem, bio and physics for A Level, that is a whole other thing.

First, you need to really think about whether you really like science that much to do it at school full time. And in your case, honestly you could take maths and physics- as this is probably necessary to become a pilot. And then choose whatever you want as a third A Level. But make sure you check uni websites for entry requirements for specific subjects to be extra sure. Good luck!
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean in my Triple science class most people, don't know what they want to be. Some want to be pilots, architects, start a business, prosecutor, the list goes on.

The one thing, however, they all have in common is that they all told me that, it looks good on your GCSE when you go to college and then Uni. Yes, it is a bit irrelevant, but it is preferred. You need to be enjoy science, to pursue triple!
But for A levels you will need to do Physics and Math 100% so I don/t know, you will have to look online at university's and that! x
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can do Sciences A levels without having taken separate Sciences but getting settled in to them with be slightly easier if you have the extra knowledge that comes with separate sciences - but teachers will not expect everyone to have taken separate. Once you have completed science A level(s) no one will care in the slightest whether you did separate Sciences or combined science.
AFIF_H.K
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks
Andy1973
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A-level choices won’t really make a difference if you want to be a commercial pilot. Some recruiters have a preference for science or mathematical subjects. But there’s nothing in commercial pilot training that is beyond GCSE level knowledge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (672)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (848)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.29%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed