Antibiotics

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So this week I started two antibiotics one for a skin infection and one for a UTI which both happened to appear at the same time. The doctor took a urine sample and swabs just to make sure and I hadn’t heard back so assumed all was just the same. I had a call this morning from another nurse telling me I need to go on a 3rd antibiotic for a water infection for the bacteria. I need to keep taking the other Medici already have. I’m just so confused as too why I need a 3rd antibiotic and if something is very wrong with me? How can three medications be good for me.
Bailey14
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not a doctor so I'm not going to pretend I know the exact answer. Different antibiotics work in different ways and different illnesses are targeted and treated differently so I presume that's why. If you have big concerns I'd ask your doctor or a pharmacist.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why didn't you ask the nurse when she called you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (672)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (848)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.29%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads