Ileenileen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Has anyone got grade 9s for all three sciences using premade notes like save my exams or physics and maths tutor??

SmartUnicorn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no. you shouldn’t rely on one source like notes, you need to be doing past paper questions and actually applying the knowledge to find your weakness. you could memorise the whole textbook but if you don’t know how it apply it, you wouldn’t get full marks.

it’s also better to make your own notes as it helps you remember the info. unless you make flashcards etc on the premade notes
Last edited by SmartUnicorn; 4 weeks ago
MoonytheMarauder
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Using premade notes can be a good place to start with revision to help fill the gaps in your own notes but if you rely on just notes it would be very difficult to get the top grades. Everyone has different things that work better and you should try experimenting with different resources.

Physics and Maths tutor do have practise questions for some things (can help you become more familiar with how to word things ect.), platforms like quizlet can do flashcards etc.
Ileenileen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SmartUnicorn)
no. you shouldn’t rely on one source like notes, you need to be doing past paper questions and actually applying the knowledge to find your weakness. you could memorise the whole textbook but if you don’t know how it apply it, you wouldn’t get full marks.

it’s also better to make your own notes as it helps you remember the info. unless you make flashcards etc on the premade notes
Thank you for the advice. By the way, do you mean if I make flashcards from premade notes, I don’t have to make my own notes? And for practice, should I repeat questions and how long before exams should I start on them?
Shadow~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Use the premade notes as one of your revision resources, imo the bulk of it should come from your own notes from school/ the textbook
PMT do have good chapter questions though, which you can use to gauge your understanding of a topic after revising it
Good luck with your revision!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (715)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (904)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads