The Student Room Group

Liberal arts personal statement

I'm currently in Y13 and I applied to uni 2 weeks ago to Oxford, Durham, Leeds, Nottingham and Liverpool. I've had offers from the final three (obviously nothing from Oxford as I haven't done my admissions test yet) but I've not heard anything from Durham. I applied for English Lit at all for unis except Durham, where I've applied for Liberal Arts. I'm beginning to doubt whether my personal statement expresses enough interest in subjects other than English. Has anyone got an offer for LA by doing this? Thanks, a panicked student :smile:.
(edited 3 years ago)
I wouldn't recommend just posting your PS like this on the internet..
Reply 2
Honestly I think so many other people will be in the same boat as you on this one I wouldn’t worry. I too originally wanted to apply for liberal arts, however I couldn’t even find five unis with liberal arts courses I liked, the only one I really liked being Durham, like you. I’m sure loads of people have done the same thing as you, and they’ll probably recognise your difficulty and look at other things like your GCSEs and A level predicted grades to determine your potential and aptitude for the other subjects you’d choose on the course x
Original post by Culver
Honestly I think so many other people will be in the same boat as you on this one I wouldn’t worry. I too originally wanted to apply for liberal arts, however I couldn’t even find five unis with liberal arts courses I liked, the only one I really liked being Durham, like you. I’m sure loads of people have done the same thing as you, and they’ll probably recognise your difficulty and look at other things like your GCSEs and A level predicted grades to determine your potential and aptitude for the other subjects you’d choose on the course x

thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending