BrendanShanon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a 1st year student in Newcastle but I am from Northern Ireland so I am under Student Finance NI. I want to permanently move to here, and I would rather not go into details but let’s just say I am gay and I am from a Irish catholic family. I have the opportunity to permanently move here as my house contract for next year is 52 weeks. I just want to know am I eligible to apply for student finance England for my 2nd year? It gives significantly more in the maintenance loan which I would need without parent financial support. I just want to know, on paper am I eligible to apply if my permanent home address will be changing to a house in Newcastle.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BrendanShanon)
I am a 1st year student in Newcastle but I am from Northern Ireland so I am under Student Finance NI. I want to permanently move to here, and I would rather not go into details but let’s just say I am gay and I am from a Irish catholic family. I have the opportunity to permanently move here as my house contract for next year is 52 weeks. I just want to know am I eligible to apply for student finance England for my 2nd year? It gives significantly more in the maintenance loan which I would need without parent financial support. I just want to know, on paper am I eligible to apply if my permanent home address will be changing to a house in Newcastle.
Hi, you will remain eligible to apply to SFNI, you won't be eligible to apply to SFE.
Thanks, Isaac
BrendanShanon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, you will remain eligible to apply to SFNI, you won't be eligible to apply to SFE.
Thanks, Isaac
Why is that? If my permanent address is in Newcastle
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BrendanShanon)
Why is that? If my permanent address is in Newcastle
As a continuing student you will always remain with Student Finance Northern Ireland. You can't change from SFNI to SFE.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed