The Student Room Group

Can I change my course after getting an offer?

I applied to Uni of Manchester for English Lit. It's an AAA course, I've received an offer, but they have offered me ABB as a contextual offer.

I'm thinking of wanting to study Politics instead. Is it possible for me to change courses after already receiving an offer? Or would I have to withdraw and reapply?
Just email the Uni and ask if this is possible.
Also ask if you can send them a separate Personal Statement for Politics.

If you meet the entry requirements and they approve the new PS, its usually straightforward at this stage in the year.
Just bear in mind that once they change the course code, you have lost the English offer - and that there is a chance you may not get an offer for Politics.
Original post by ewpfs
I applied to Uni of Manchester for English Lit. It's an AAA course, I've received an offer, but they have offered me ABB as a contextual offer.

I'm thinking of wanting to study Politics instead. Is it possible for me to change courses after already receiving an offer? Or would I have to withdraw and reapply?

As @McGinger has stated, just email them and ask. They might say no or they might say yes and replace English Lit with Politics. No harm in trying. Don't worry about them removing your offer altogether out of spite either. :hat2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending