collecting a prescription

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
sorry if this sounds dumb but I've never done this before so not really sure what to do. I had a call from my doctor earlier saying they're sending some antibiotics to the pharmacy down my road and it'll take about 2 hours. should I ring the pharmacy before I go to check its there or do I need to go down and ask? also I haven't been given anything like a sheet with my prescription on like usual, do I just go in and give my name?
emily_louise12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
sorry if this sounds dumb but I've never done this before so not really sure what to do. I had a call from my doctor earlier saying they're sending some antibiotics to the pharmacy down my road and it'll take about 2 hours. should I ring the pharmacy before I go to check its there or do I need to go down and ask? also I haven't been given anything like a sheet with my prescription on like usual, do I just go in and give my name?
I normally just go down to pick up my prescription, but that's only because it's about a 2-minute walk away, so I don't really waste much time if it's not ready. But if you don't want to waste a trip just in case it's not ready then I'd give them a ring to just ask. As you've not been given a sheet or anything just take a form of ID with you (provisional or driving licence/ bank card/passport etc) just in case they want ID to check they're giving the prescription to the right person. But yeah if I where you id just give a ring to double-check, there is no harm in trying. Also, it's not a stupid question, don't worry.
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You just go to the counter and say "Hi, can I collect a prescription for Jane Smith" (replace Jane Smith with your own name).

If the prescription has been made up already, they'll ask you for your address before handing it over.

If it's not ready, they'll tell you how much longer you need to wait ("it'll be about 10 minutes"). If you're waiting, they'll probably call your name once it's ready and ask for your address before they hand it over.

This is how it has worked in every pharmacy I've used.

They might also quickly run through the anything important you need to know (e.g. "make sure you take this after food", or "make sure you keep this in the fridge", or "take it just before you go to bed", etc), though obviously you should also check the label and any printed instructions you get.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.73%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.36%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (63)
28.64%

Watched Threads