r_g2134
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this 12mq?
'Assess the role of key players in disaster risk governance'
Thanks
Deggs_14
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Firstly give a brief introduction on what a "player / stakeholder" is (with context to this question), and define what disaster risk governance is. This can be defined as the international management / organisation between both state actors and NGOs when responding to a natural disaster, or it could be legislation or policy making etc. Also the terms vulnerability and resilience are important to define here if you're going to base your question on natural hazards / disasters, and how stakeholders are part of the recovery / rebuilding / reconstruction process after a natural disaster.

You could discuss the role of government agencies in the preparation of evacuation schemes / emergency accommodation for evacuees, financial companies providing insurance claims and emergency loans to allow families and businesses to recover, the role of emergency workers from NGOs in rubble excavation and providing emergency medical assistance, or urban planning and infrastructure design in the reconstruction process to make buildings more resilient.

What's important here is that you include some case study information. If you've studied any earthquake / other natural disaster (eg the Haiti 2010 or the Nepal Gorkha 2015 Earthquake) your textbook might explain the role of one specific NGO and what they achieved in response to the disaster, eg Oxfam / The British Red Cross providing temporary accommodation and sewage systems for the Haitians that became homeless after the earthquake for example. Make a justification / argument at the end of your essay style response, you could examine how important these organisations are to the whole recovery process or is there any other aspect of natural disaster recovery that you consider to be more important etc?
r_g2134
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Firstly give a brief introduction on what a "player / stakeholder" is (with context to this question), and define what disaster risk governance is. This can be defined as the international management / organisation between both state actors and NGOs when responding to a natural disaster, or it could be legislation or policy making etc. Also the terms vulnerability and resilience are important to define here if you're going to base your question on natural hazards / disasters, and how stakeholders are part of the recovery / rebuilding / reconstruction process after a natural disaster.

You could discuss the role of government agencies in the preparation of evacuation schemes / emergency accommodation for evacuees, financial companies providing insurance claims and emergency loans to allow families and businesses to recover, the role of emergency workers from NGOs in rubble excavation and providing emergency medical assistance, or urban planning and infrastructure design in the reconstruction process to make buildings more resilient.

What's important here is that you include some case study information. If you've studied any earthquake / other natural disaster (eg the Haiti 2010 or the Nepal Gorkha 2015 Earthquake) your textbook might explain the role of one specific NGO and what they achieved in response to the disaster, eg Oxfam / The British Red Cross providing temporary accommodation and sewage systems for the Haitians that became homeless after the earthquake for example. Make a justification / argument at the end of your essay style response, you could examine how important these organisations are to the whole recovery process or is there any other aspect of natural disaster recovery that you consider to be more important etc?
Thank you so much for your help
Are you a teacher or just a student because that is a really good plan?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads