The Student Room Group

Taking a gap during university

Has anyone taken a gap year during uni? I.e. between 1st and 2nd year or 2nd/3rd year? Finding online uni not worth the money/more difficult to concentrate..
yes my friend took a suspended year to reapply to another uni. his intentions being: no study for a year (and therefore no fees), but if he didn't get into the other uni he could still resume his study a year later

you need a good reason to get approval but they happen
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
yes my friend took a suspended year to reapply to another uni. his intentions being: no study for a year (and therefore no fees), but if he didn't get into the other uni he could still resume his study a year later

you need a good reason to get approval but they happen

At my uni they don't ask for a reason, you just submit your request and they process it
Original post by Anonymous
At my uni they don't ask for a reason, you just submit your request and they process it

then great, as long as you've got a plan for the year out
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone taken a gap year during uni? I.e. between 1st and 2nd year or 2nd/3rd year? Finding online uni not worth the money/more difficult to concentrate..

Hey!

A friend of mine has taken a year out this year - due to COVID online teaching and not having a place to live - I'm not sure what the main reason that it was approved for was.
Generally you will need a good reason - but if you contact your student support team they should be able to help you
It might be a case of you can't take a year off once you have started the year - but its worth asking

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending