Taking a gap during university

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Has anyone taken a gap year during uni? I.e. between 1st and 2nd year or 2nd/3rd year? Finding online uni not worth the money/more difficult to concentrate..
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes my friend took a suspended year to reapply to another uni. his intentions being: no study for a year (and therefore no fees), but if he didn't get into the other uni he could still resume his study a year later

you need a good reason to get approval but they happen
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
yes my friend took a suspended year to reapply to another uni. his intentions being: no study for a year (and therefore no fees), but if he didn't get into the other uni he could still resume his study a year later

you need a good reason to get approval but they happen
At my uni they don't ask for a reason, you just submit your request and they process it
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
At my uni they don't ask for a reason, you just submit your request and they process it
then great, as long as you've got a plan for the year out
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Has anyone taken a gap year during uni? I.e. between 1st and 2nd year or 2nd/3rd year? Finding online uni not worth the money/more difficult to concentrate..
Hey!

A friend of mine has taken a year out this year - due to COVID online teaching and not having a place to live - I'm not sure what the main reason that it was approved for was.
Generally you will need a good reason - but if you contact your student support team they should be able to help you
It might be a case of you can't take a year off once you have started the year - but its worth asking

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.73%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.36%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (63)
28.64%

Watched Threads