The Student Room Group

Bad memory stuck on my mind

The other day me and my beautiful girlfriend were having a meal out but it kind of went wrong. We were having a good day looking forward to the meal, we had a good time before it and did stuff. Also we haven’t had a meal since before the pandemic, you are allowed to go restaurants with members of your household so we have been planning to do that but we’ve both been busy like me and my family have moved house and she’s had work. We both found to right time to go on it.

The day was going so good until we were just eating and my girlfriend was choking. She was was full on choking, I heard her coughing, I didn’t know she was choking until I looked. I think I was on my phone or something I here coughing, she is trying to get my attention but she couldn’t say anything because obviously she was choking she was just trying to cough loudly to get my attention.

The staff waitresses came saw her and helped her to breathe again. My girlfriend was so shaken up and I was just panicking in my head when she was choking. We ended up paying the bill then going home leaving our food because she wasn’t in the mood to stay and the staff were helpful they asked if we were alright and everything. It was pretty bad, we were expecting a nice romantic date but we actually got a big scene like a few staff came to help and it was where my girlfriend was at the point where she couldn’t breathe at all and it was so scary for me to watch. She was just staring at me choking.

She was traumatised to eat the day after and she didn’t eat because she was scared. She’s eating now and everything but we both can’t get it out of our minds where she was choking. It’s been a bit of time and I’m struggling to get it off my mind when she was just sitting there choking unable to breathe and I felt so sorry for her.
Bad memories are like leech, they suck blood from you slowly and silently without making you realize.

That time has already passed but it will hunt you life long if you don't get rid of it.

Memories can never vanish from life it's just don't hurt anymore when it comes to mind.

Just cry over it for some time till no tears left in eye.

Every time you get that thought consciously try to replace it with some positive thought.

Look for the positive aspect of the past experience.

Lastly have faith on God and do pray alot.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Bad memories are like leech, they suck blood from you slowly and silently without making you realize.

That time has already passed but it will hunt you life long if you don't get rid of it.

Memories can never vanish from life it's just don't hurt anymore when it comes to mind.

Just cry over it for some time till no tears left in eye.

Every time you get that thought consciously try to replace it with some positive thought.

Look for the positive aspect of the past experience.

Lastly have faith on God and do pray alot.

I don’t know
Maybe it would help if you both did a basic first aid course so you'd know what to do in that situation (as well as others) and not freeze up. Then you could both have the peace of mind that if anything like that happens again to yourselves or someone else you'd be prepared and know what to do to help.
Reply 4
Original post by Kogomogo
Maybe it would help if you both did a basic first aid course so you'd know what to do in that situation (as well as others) and not freeze up. Then you could both have the peace of mind that if anything like that happens again to yourselves or someone else you'd be prepared and know what to do to help.

I knew what to do, I was about to help but the staff came

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending