whoopopo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i’m resitting my gcse in June 2021 as I got a 5 in maths and in order to do medicine in university I need to get a 6 or above, when do I apply to universities? because I can’t apply with a 5 in maths, so will it be in year 13 or year 12?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
you'll probably send off your application in year 13 but before january of that year
The.One.And.Only
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The deadline for applying to medicine is October 15th in Year 13... I would recommend retaking in Year 12, and get some work experience in x
Uzair63
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by whoopopo)
i’m resitting my gcse in June 2021 as I got a 5 in maths and in order to do medicine in university I need to get a 6 or above, when do I apply to universities? because I can’t apply with a 5 in maths, so will it be in year 13 or year 12?
Are you currently in year 12? If so you’ll be able to apply in year 13 as normal
whoopopo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uzair63)
Are you currently in year 12? If so you’ll be able to apply in year 13 as normal
I am in year 12, i was just really scared that I wouldn’t get my result for maths in time if I had to apply in year 12. but thank you !!
whoopopo
Rep:
?
(Original post by The.One.And.Only)
The deadline for applying to medicine is October 15th in Year 13... I would recommend retaking in Year 12, and get some work experience in x
I see I see, thanks a lot I was just a bit confused before ) x
Uzair63
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by whoopopo)
I see I see, thanks a lot I was just a bit confused before ) x
Just aim for a grade 7 tho as it’ll open up your options more, eg Bristol asks for a 7 in maths gcse and a 4 in English while accepting gcse resits so aim for that 7
whoopopo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uzair63)
Just aim for a grade 7 tho as it’ll open up your options more, eg Bristol asks for a 7 in maths gcse and a 4 in English while accepting gcse resits so aim for that 7
of course! i’ll try to get 7 or above, thank you so much for the advice ))
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (636)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads