The Student Room Group

BDO/Grant Thornton Grad Scheme 2021

Thought I'll start a thread here. Has anyone applied to these firms?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by namitas27
Thought I'll start a thread here. Has anyone applied to these firms?

Yes! I’ve done the strengths assessment for Grant Thornton and need to do BDOs sometime soon
Reply 2
Original post by Sloppy123
Yes! I’ve done the strengths assessment for Grant Thornton and need to do BDOs sometime soon

How did you find it? I just sat for it! I have BDO in the pipelines. It’s different this year. They’re doing the video interview along with your assessments
How did you find it? I just sat for it! I have BDO in the pipelines. It’s different this year. They’re doing the video interview along with your assessments

It was alright, it wasn’t the worse, just been sent an email to do a video interview for Grant Thornton. I’m going to do BDO tomorrow. I guess doing it altogether shortens the application timeline down potentially? Maybe it helps them if they’ve had to furlough people and are working with less people in the department
Reply 4
Original post by Sloppy123
It was alright, it wasn’t the worse, just been sent an email to do a video interview for Grant Thornton. I’m going to do BDO tomorrow. I guess doing it altogether shortens the application timeline down potentially? Maybe it helps them if they’ve had to furlough people and are working with less people in the department

Congrats! I got the email too. That is true. Good luck for your BDO application :smile:
Reply 5
Congrats! I got the email too. That is true. Good luck for your BDO application :smile:

I just got an email saying I’ve been accepted to the AC stage of BDO and was wondering if anyone has done it yet :/ super nervous!
I just got an email saying I’ve been accepted to the AC stage of BDO and was wondering if anyone has done it yet :/ super nervous!

Hey, have u been told what date the AC would be yet or are u still waiting to here? I still haven't heard about a date and its been weeks...
Reply 7
Original post by tsimonoce
Hey, have u been told what date the AC would be yet or are u still waiting to here? I still haven't heard about a date and its been weeks...

No, just got the email and they said they will be in touch in 2 weeks? I can't seem to sign into my Workday thing. How have you been preparing for it?
No, just got the email and they said they will be in touch in 2 weeks? I can't seem to sign into my Workday thing. How have you been preparing for it?

Ah okay thats the same as me ! I haven't done too much yet, gonna wait until I know the date. Got some basic prep done for the interview though. What about you?
I got an email saying I passed the assessment so my application was being reviewed by a staff member and I will hear back in 5 days. It's now been 6 days, anyone else in the same position?

This is for BDO!
Original post by grad2021x
I got an email saying I passed the assessment so my application was being reviewed by a staff member and I will hear back in 5 days. It's now been 6 days, anyone else in the same position?

This is for BDO!

Yeah, it'll take longer than that hahah. I had that email like 3 weeks ago now so don't expect anything soon...
Reply 11
Original post by grad2021x

This is for BDO!

Oh congrats! Well done! Do you mind me asking how it went? This is my first and I’m so nervous!
Reply 12
Ah okay thats the same as me ! I haven't done too much yet, gonna wait until I know the date. Got some basic prep done for the interview though. What about you?

Honestly not much :/ this is my first AC ever so I have no idea what to expect
Honestly not much :/ this is my first AC ever so I have no idea what to expect

I've only done a couple before but they're not too bad ! Most are broken up into a team exercise, an interview, a presentation and maybe a writing exercise. I wouldn't worry about prepping yet though, you'll have loads of time after they confirm the dates and stuff. Plus for the interview it'll be similar to the virtual one id imagine so just prep situational and strengths based questions !
I've only done a couple before but they're not too bad ! Most are broken up into a team exercise, an interview, a presentation and maybe a writing exercise. I wouldn't worry about prepping yet though, you'll have loads of time after they confirm the dates and stuff. Plus for the interview it'll be similar to the virtual one id imagine so just prep situational and strengths based questions !

From what i've heard from a couple of people who have done their BDO AC, you'll get about a weeks notice
Reply 15

Thank you!
Reply 16
Original post by Gladiatorsword
From what i've heard from a couple of people who have done their BDO AC, you'll get about a weeks notice

The email I got said that the recruiting team will get in touch with me in 2 weeks to set a date
The email I got said that the recruiting team will get in touch with me in 2 weeks to set a date

Yeah me too, when did u get the email? It's been over two weeks for me now
Reply 18
Yeah me too, when did u get the email? It's been over two weeks for me now

I got it two days ago! Maybe try calling them?
I got it two days ago! Maybe try calling them?

Yeah I think I will do, seem to be taking ages to get back ! Well done on your application mate

Quick Reply

Latest