domm1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi all,

I've been looking into some of the LSE courses I may potentially be wanting to apply to, these being 'Financial Mathematics and Statistics' and 'Mathematics and/with Economics', however I feel my GCSE grades are going to strongly let me down.

At GCSE I 'achieved' 988887665, for the fact of being the 'Covid year' so I just got the exact same as my Mock results (I was originally wanting to achieve 999988775 if I'd of been able to sit the exams). At A-Level I am taking Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History, and am aiming to achieve A*A*A*A respectively.

If I were to (theoretically) achieve these A-Level grades, would I still have at least somewhat of a decent/strong chance at getting an offer?
Last edited by domm1; 3 weeks ago
_Jonneh_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by domm1)
Hi all,

I've been looking into some of the LSE courses I may potentially be wanting to apply to, these being 'Financial Mathematics and Statistics' and 'Mathematics and/with Economics', however I feel my GCSE grades are going to strongly let me down.

At GCSE I 'achieved' 988887665, for the fact of being the 'Covid year' so I just got the exact same as my Mock results (I was originally wanting to achieve 999988775 if I'd of been able to sit the exams). At A-Level I am taking Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History, and am aiming to achieve A*A*A*A respectively.

If I were to (theoretically) achieve these A-Level grades, would I still have at least somewhat of a decent/strong chance at getting an offer?
Definitely. Even top unis can look past your GCSE grades if you've shown exceptional development in your A level studies. Those grades are impressive even for someone who got top grades across the board at GCSE so it won't hurt your chances.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You are good to go!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (779)
42.04%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (365)
19.7%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed