Transferring to first year at Kings College London

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm currently at another russell group university and I am really not feeling it at the moment. I was originally going to study pharmacy at kings college London and didn't get my grades, so now I'm studying chemistry. I got BBC as my given grades, which I know is really low and I am grateful that I still got to study at a Russell group University with my given grades. Because my grades don't meet the grade requirements for second year transfer, I'm thinking about transferring onto first year study (essentially redoing first year at kings) providing that I have achieved at least a 2:1 in first year at my current university. Is this something that is possible? Or is resitting really the only option? I don't mind redoing first year if it means I can go to kings, even though I've technically wasted 9k, but I don't really think that is a problem.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what would you gain? its entirely possible you don't 'feel' kings either, the course may not get you into any job better than the one you could get currently, you'd spend an extra 9k + 7k+ on london rents, as well as having wasted a year of your life (somewhat)

its not about "minding" redoing a year, it should be about what you will gain from redoing the year because thats a big commitment (and cost, in more ways than financial)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
what would you gain? its entirely possible you don't 'feel' kings either, the course may not get you into any job better than the one you could get currently, you'd spend an extra 9k + 7k+ on london rents, as well as having wasted a year of your life (somewhat)

its not about "minding" redoing a year, it should be about what you will gain from redoing the year because thats a big commitment (and cost, in more ways than financial)
A large part of why I want to transfer is because I have always wanted to study in London and I just feel like London as a city is for me, rather than the city I am in currently. I have always wanted to study in kings as well, so I was devastated when I found out that I didn't get in. London also has more opportunities and kings in general has a better reputation than the university I am currently at, so I feel like in a way it's worth it? I want to be in an environment where it feels "right" and I just don't like the feeling I am getting at my current university. Financially, I have always got told that student depts is something that should never be taken into consideration because of how little we pay back anyway. I just want to feel happy and feel "right" for the next 3/4 years. If transferring isn't an option for first year, I guess I just have to suck it up and focus at my current university, but I want to take every chance I get.
cagsalevels
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi im in the same exact boat as you - i got those grades too and want to transfer, can we please message on ig? its @xoxoxoameeraa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.86%
No - I have already returned home (21)
12.96%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (35)
21.6%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.31%

Watched Threads