exols
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Wondering if anyone can help me with this. I am a British national and citizen. My permanent residence is in the uk and to qualify for home student fees, the UKCISA website states I must prove I was ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to my course.
They state "If you can demonstrate that you have not been ordinarily resident in the relevant residence area [UK] only because you, or a family member, were temporarily working outside the relevant residence area, you will be treated as though you have been ordinarily resident there [in the UK]." Currently, I don't live in England due to my mum's job. How exactly can I prove I was only temporarily out of the country? I mean what documents or things like that would they want?
Last edited by exols; 2 months ago
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by exols)
Wondering if anyone can help me with this. I am a British national and citizen. My permanent residence is in the uk and to qualify for home student fees, the UKCISA website states I must prove I was ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to my course.
They state "If you can demonstrate that you have not been ordinarily resident in the relevant residence area [UK] only because you, or a family member, were temporarily working outside the relevant residence area, you will be treated as though you have been ordinarily resident there [in the UK]." Currently, I don't live in England due to my mum's job. How exactly can I prove I was only temporarily out of the country? I mean what documents or things like that would they want?
Usually it would be things like a copy of your Mum's work contract, as well as perhaps evidence of a property being maintained in the UK whilst you were away. You might also need to evidence regular trips back to the UK.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Define yourself as a Home student on UCAS Track.
If you are living / at school outside the EU, the Universities will note this and if they make you an offer, they will then query your fee status with you. They will each send you a form to complete and ask for evidence to support your claim for Home status.
So - apply first, then sort out your fee status once you are made an offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads