The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You can't demand they stay together just because you want them to. Of course they don't want to stay in the same place and just not talk.
If they are no longer happy together then they should be able to move forward, have separate lives and maybe meet someone new in the future.
Reply 2
Original post by ReadingMum
You can't demand they stay together just because you want them to. Of course they don't want to stay in the same place and just not talk.
If they are no longer happy together then they should be able to move forward, have separate lives and maybe meet someone new in the future.

They can have separate lives in the same house
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
They won’t listen to me about my point of the conversation. They keep saying it’s not working living together they want to separate and split the family up. They don’t need to separate they can just stay together but not talk to each other. I keep telling them to just stay together and no one is moving anywhere but they won’t listen.

How old are you?
My parents were separated since I was 8. Of course I was unhappy at the time, but now with hindsight it's actually a good thing for me, with how there are fewer parents to argue with, and I get to lie to both of them that I'm with the other. I spent 2 nights outside before 18 that way.
Reply 5
Original post by Kerzen
How old are you?

17 but it’s none of your business really
Reply 6
Original post by *****deadness
My parents were separated since I was 8. Of course I was unhappy at the time, but now with hindsight it's actually a good thing for me, with how there are fewer parents to argue with, and I get to lie to both of them that I'm with the other. I spent 2 nights outside before 18 that way.

So what do you want me to do about that?
Reply 7
It's not your decision. There's probably a lot going on that you don't understand but they may well have ben considering this for a while and I'm sure they feel they can't stay together any longer. Given that you are old enough to be posting on TSR they've been together a long time so give them credit for knowing what's possible for them.
Reply 8
Original post by Compost
It's not your decision. There's probably a lot going on that you don't understand but they may well have ben considering this for a while and I'm sure they feel they can't stay together any longer. Given that you are old enough to be posting on TSR they've been together a long time so give them credit for knowing what's possible for them.

It’s not your decision either
it may end up being better in the long term. Especially as it will probably reduce arguments. Living in the same house always requires some level of cooperation so it's probably easier than you think of
It’s not your decision either

Everyone's trying to help. You don't have to be mean even if you're unhappy
17 but it’s none of your business really

Your age the first thing I wondered when I read your post too. I guessed you might be 12 because your reaction does seem to be one of a young child as you've not even considered the feelings and problems your parents are going through. The next few months are going to be hard but try to see other people's points of view as it will make the whole thing easier to understand and so to accept and live with.
Original post by josie71202
it may end up being better in the long term. Especially as it will probably reduce arguments. Living in the same house always requires some level of cooperation so it's probably easier than you think of

Try living with your parents splitting up then say that
Troll
been there, done that and life was so much better once they were no longer in the same house.
17 is old enough to understand that expecting 2 adults who are not getting on to continue sharing a house is ridiculous.
Troll

Who do you think you are to accuse me of a troll! This my life atm and it’s a mess
Original post by ReadingMum
been there, done that and life was so much better once they were no longer in the same house.
17 is old enough to understand that expecting 2 adults who are not getting on to continue sharing a house is ridiculous.

Its not easy weather you are 17 or 3 if anything it’s harder when you are older because you’ve lived together for longer and also when you are 3 you probably don’t realise things
Who do you think you are to accuse me of a troll! This my life atm and it’s a mess

I think you're a troll because you posted a ridiculous problem to start with and are then hurling abuse at everyone who tries to help..bye!

I really don't care. Stop throwing a strop.
Original post by Alienated.
I really don't care. Stop throwing a strop.

He’s accused me of trolling try being put in my position and being accused of trolling