softhbb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am stuck at deciding a career
My options/interests are:
- go into medicine and become either a GP or dermatologist
- or get into chemical engineering and try and get employed at a pharmaceutical industry

My a levels are:
Maths/chem/bio
I am aware that for engineering I will need to have a level physics, but before changing anything, I want to be sure of which career I want to go into.

I’m in year 12, so I just started my courses I guess, and I really don’t know if I can survive biology 😭
By the way, I love maths and chemistry

I’d really appreciate some tips/advices
and maybe some more information around these careers (because google says the basics only)
Thank you so much
raquelthestudent
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi! I'm not sure if this will be much help to you, but have you ever tried the "buzz quiz" test on the ucas website? It is a bit like a personality test, but is in regard to careers and things. You could also look on university websites (similar courses to what you search sometimes come up.) Hope this was somewhat helpful!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do a careers quiz
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You don't 'need' physics to go into engineering (depending on the branch) although it would be useful.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by softhbb)
I am stuck at deciding a career
My options/interests are:
- go into medicine and become either a GP or dermatologist
- or get into chemical engineering and try and get employed at a pharmaceutical industry

My a levels are:
Maths/chem/bio
I am aware that for engineering I will need to have a level physics, but before changing anything, I want to be sure of which career I want to go into.

I’m in year 12, so I just started my courses I guess, and I really don’t know if I can survive biology 😭
By the way, I love maths and chemistry

I’d really appreciate some tips/advices
and maybe some more information around these careers (because google says the basics only)
Thank you so much
My usual opinion: if you're thinking of Medicine or something else, do something else.
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
My usual opinion: if you're thinking of Medicine or something else, do something else.
yeah thats some solid advice
softhbb
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
wow 😳💀
softhbb
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
You don't 'need' physics to go into engineering (depending on the branch) although it would be useful.
Many of the Russel group universities do :/
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by softhbb)
Many of the Russel group universities do :/
For Chem Eng (and likewise Electrical and Civil) I believe the majority of RG universities do not require physics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.47%
No - I have already returned home (26)
11.16%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.46%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (23)
9.87%
No - I live at home during term anyway (70)
30.04%

Watched Threads