Paisley99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Graduating with physics in 3 years with the open uni I’m terrified I’ll never get a job
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Paisley99)
Graduating with physics in 3 years with the open uni I’m terrified I’ll never get a job
Don't worry, you'll find something. It may not be your dream job and it may not be right away, but there are definitely lots of jobs out there.
What are you hoping to do?
Paisley99
Rep:
?
(Original post by L-K)
Don't worry, you'll find something. It may not be your dream job and it may not be right away, but there are definitely lots of jobs out there.
What are you hoping to do?
Why hope to do anything if you won’t get it. If I have to answer data analysis or finance or something like that. I’m just so disheartened because I’ve never had a job before and I’m rubbish at interviews.
I wouldn’t mind doing primary school teaching either.
Last edited by Paisley99; 4 weeks ago
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why hope to do anything if you won’t get it. If I have to answer data analysis or finance or something like that. I’m just so disheartened because I’ve never had a job before and I’m rubbish at interviews.
Can you get a part time job to build your confidence and practise an interview?
It will be beneficial if future employers can see that you have had experience in any job before, even if it's not relevant to what you want to do.
Paisley99
Rep:
?
(Original post by L-K)
Can you get a part time job to build your confidence and practise an interview?
It will be beneficial if future employers can see that you have had experience in any job before, even if it's not relevant to what you want to do.
Trying to get a part time job thankfully I got through to an interview but that was it.
ashdouga
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You know physics. Become the next Elon Musk. You should start a business.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wouldn’t mind doing primary school teaching either.
I think what that mean is that you may not get your dream job straight away, but work at it and you will get there. You may have to take a job that's not quite your dream job to start with while you work at it.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There's a careers service at your Uni, get down there and learn how to use it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (672)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (849)
42.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.28%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads