ScratchyM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I'm currently doing a Psychology Conversion Masters and we have been told we won't receive our results/transcripts and therefore BPS accreditation before the January after the course is complete.
I was wondering whether any other universities get this done quicker. The course technically finishes in September. Thanks!
Advertisement
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can register with BPS as a student member.

Most degree courses will not have results until a month or so after the course finishes but to have to wait from September until January seems out of the ordinary.
Why does it take that long until receiving final grades?
ScratchyM
Rep:
?
I really don't know @G
ScratchyM
Rep:
?
I really don't know GabiAbi84. I want to find out if this is the case everywhere so I can challenge it if not.
Thanks for your response
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ScratchyM)
I really don't know GabiAbi84. I want to find out if this is the case everywhere so I can challenge it if not.
Thanks for your response
You can’t challenge it because other courses do it differently-if that’s when results come out then there’s nothing you can challenge.
Is it a part time course?
Is it modular?
Advertisement
ScratchyM
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
The question is simply, when do they come out from other universities? Do any turn it round more quickly?

The current system prevents people from applying for clinical training!/Assistant Psych jobs/other courses that require results.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ScratchyM)
The question is simply, when do they come out from other universities? Do any turn it round more quickly?

The current system prevents people from applying for clinical training!/Assistant Psych jobs/other courses that require results.
And I have answered that question.
You have not answered mine.
You can apply with student membership to BPS
Advertisement
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
And I have answered that question.
You have not answered mine.
You can apply with student membership to BPS
A little bit of sympathy wouldn't go awry.

The person clearly wants to apply to the clinical doctorate and the deadline is 18th November. They feel they are wasting an entire year. To top it off, they then feel they are having to wait months to apply for AP roles.

By BPS they clearly mean GBC, so banging on about the student membership is going to look like you're being obtuse. I met a few people who put student membership on a CV pretending to be GBC, even not for clinical jobs it would be looked upon in a very dim light.

Of course it's an issue for many, many postgrad courses that timings don't line up, but that doesn't make the person feel any better.

FYI masters' results released in November/December/January isn't that unusual.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (630)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (787)
42.04%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (371)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.49%

Watched Threads