The Student Room Group

Waitrose employment for 16 year old

I’m looking for a job at Waitrose next summer. How do I apply to get one as a 16 year old. Do I need a CV and usually how long does the process take to get the job. Finally if there is anyone who had a job at Waitrose when they were 16 how much do you get paid per hour. I’m looking to work in the summer once I finished my exams.
Thank you.
I gave you the link in how to apply in your other thread...
Reply 2
So when do summer job application start
Original post by 2020Gang
So when do summer job application start

Whenever there is a job opening for the particular branch. Have a look on the website-it tells you everything you need to know.
It’s not even Halloween yet-it’s going to be a while.
Reply 4
Ok cheers
I’m looking for a job at Waitrose next summer. How do I apply to get one as a 16 year old. Do I need a CV and usually how long does the process take to get the job. Finally if there is anyone who had a job at Waitrose when they were 16 how much do you get paid per hour. I’m looking to work in the summer once I finished my exams.
Thank you.

I started working at Waitrose in may when I was 16. I applied on indeed and didn’t have an interview because of covid. After I applied it took about 2 months for me to hear back and I got a phone call. I can’t remember if I submitted a CV or not but I’d have one just in case. My hourly rate is between 8 and 9 per hour (can’t remember exactly) as a cashier. I hope this helps!
Thank you.

Why do you particularly want to work for Waitrose anyway?
Check their website
Reply 8
Yeah check the website, I got a temporary one, although due to covid stuff I reckon I can get kept on. It's good pay but make sure you put the hours you can work on the form.
Original post by cm312
Yeah check the website, I got a temporary one, although due to covid stuff I reckon I can get kept on. It's good pay but make sure you put the hours you can work on the form.

Same but I don’t know if they’ll keep me on, I would like to but I would wanna work at a more local Waitrose dunno if that’s possible :/

Quick Reply