TheSagittarius
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Me and a close friend 'broke up' a while ago, it wasn't acrimonious but we both agreed that things had fizzled out. I feel like I've moved on from him and don't want to talk to him again but after around 7 weeks of not sending or receiving any messages, I can't help but start to crave that sort of human contact again.

With COVID and everything going on, I cannot really meet many people in person and the Zoom tutorials at uni are also a useless way to make friends, just not the same at all.

I guess I'm just feeling a bit lonely and don't really know what to do. Any advice on how to make friends at the moment so I can really fill that void?
netflix84
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheSagittarius)
Me and a close friend 'broke up' a while ago, it wasn't acrimonious but we both agreed that things had fizzled out. I feel like I've moved on from him and don't want to talk to him again but after around 7 weeks of not sending or receiving any messages, I can't help but start to crave that sort of human contact again.

With COVID and everything going on, I cannot really meet many people in person and the Zoom tutorials at uni are also a useless way to make friends, just not the same at all.

I guess I'm just feeling a bit lonely and don't really know what to do. Any advice on how to make friends at the moment so I can really fill that void?
You could start with online friends (like on here or other platforms)
Honestly, if I were you id just start talking to a whole bunch of people on my contacts list and on here if I felt lonely- there's nothing to lose right?
Also, I'm really sorry you feel this way, even if things had fizzled out, it shouldn't mean that all contact stops and your friend doesn't check on you once in a while.
i really hope things look up for you in the future
TheSagittarius
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by netflix84)
You could start with online friends (like on here or other platforms)
Honestly, if I were you id just start talking to a whole bunch of people on my contacts list and on here if I felt lonely- there's nothing to lose right?
Also, I'm really sorry you feel this way, even if things had fizzled out, it shouldn't mean that all contact stops and your friend doesn't check on you once in a while.
i really hope things look up for you in the future
Thanks! I hope things improve soon as well.

Yeah, something was odd with him - he ghosted me for several weeks before finally responding and saying that he wanted to move on. Bit cowardly.

Haven't really got anyone on my contacts list outside of family - a few people from uni on FB but that's purely for uni reasons and not because we're friends.
netflix84
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheSagittarius)
Thanks! I hope things improve soon as well.

Yeah, something was odd with him - he ghosted me for several weeks before finally responding and saying that he wanted to move on. Bit cowardly.

Haven't really got anyone on my contacts list outside of family - a few people from uni on FB but that's purely for uni reasons and not because we're friends.
God, I really hate people like that- and I wish I knew what they were like from the beginning so I wouldn't waste my time.
I think if you start talking to new people on here and other platforms just for now, it would be fine. After government measures ease up a bit, it would be easier to expand your friend group.

Sorry I don't have any other advice, my go-to when I feel lonely is spamming people online and hoping one of them pities me enough to respond- surprisingly, I did meet a few close friends that way, so maybe it's not all terrible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (716)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (904)
42.8%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise