Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So my dad is completely Irish and everyone in his family has fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. My dad has blue eyes however he has black hair (which has been this colour since he was born) and REALLY tanned skin. His skin colour is natural and he's very brown to be honest. He has five other siblings and all of them are the fairskin/ blueeyes/ blonde hair combination. I also have dark, thick hair and tanned skin like my dad (but not as tanned as him).
Apart from the theory that he could be adopted/have a different dad (which he doesn't/isn't) does anyone know why this could have happened?
Em395
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my dad is completely Irish and everyone in his family has fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. My dad has blue eyes however he has black hair (which has been this colour since he was born) and REALLY tanned skin. His skin colour is natural and he's very brown to be honest. He has five other siblings and all of them are the fairskin/ blueeyes/ blonde hair combination. I also have dark, thick hair and tanned skin like my dad (but not as tanned as him).
Apart from the theory that he could be adopted/have a different dad (which he doesn't/isn't) does anyone know why this could have happened?
It could just be genetic. My whole family have blue eyes, straight hair and square jaws whereas, I have auburn blonde hair, greeny blue eyes and round face. My whole family used to joke that they never knew who I looked like because nobody has had this combination before and I don't even look like my twin. But I am related to them - this could be what happened with your father.

I hope you get your answer but this is the only thing I could think of.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Genetics. There's a whole thing around the 'Black Irish', as they are termed, who have dark hair and occasionally tanned skin, as there being influence from Spanish sailors and traders, or other groups of foreign invaders and travellers who landed in Ireland.

As above, there's members of my family whose colouring is a throwback or whose features don't reflect their immediate family, like parents, though they have a strong resemblence to more distant relatives.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.57%
Uncertainty around my education (58)
11.53%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (60)
11.93%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.12%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (28)
5.57%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (22)
4.37%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.54%
Financial worries (30)
5.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.98%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.36%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.98%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (49)
9.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (42)
8.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed