The Student Room Group

i feel very lonely

trigger warning: loss, mental health, depression, anxiety
long story short i lost pretty much all my fiends this year bc i fell out with my absolute best friend in feb and it was my final year of secondary so i didn’t really have time to fit into another friend group. i have my boyfriend and literally 5 friends i don’t speak to a lot (but i speak to them the most) and everyone else i keep in touch with is an acquaintance pretty much (we keep a streak and/or we’re on each other’s private story but we don’t talk or meet up). i wanted halloween plans this year and i feel like i’ve just been rejected by everyone my boyfriend uninvited me from his plans and everyone else is busy with their friends who i’m not friends with. i just miss having friends so much but i have anxiety and i’m so bad at making them. im p sure i also struggle with depression (been referred to mental health services, been told by counsellors that i have jt but never been diagnosed officially) and my mental health makes it so difficult to make friends and i lost all my friends by being snappy which i tried so hard to keep in but then i was hurting my best friend unknowingly (getting ready with other people for example). i just feel absolutely no purpose
Reply 1
I am really sorry you feel this way. You have been through a tough ordeal. It can be hard to keep emotions in when you are under pressure. Is it possible for you to explain to your friend and apologise for snapping at him/her? It might cause you anxiety thinking about doing this but it might give you a support network. I guess if you feel you cannot do this then you can join other groups maybe - are there any societies at your school? Or you could seek sanctuary somewhere you feel comfortable - for me this would be the library - and maybe take up a new hobby. I don't know what your sex is and I don't want to be stereotypical so I think this activity could work for anyone. I know it is difficult to acknowledge people when you have fallen out with them but it might not be as hopeless a situation as you think. Do you have their phone numbers? It might be easier to reach out over text.

I hope you feel better soon and the close future improves.
I don't have many friends either, I have two but one went off to university and I don't see her very often at all anymore, I've only seen her once this year and my other friend goes to the same university as me. Both of my friends have severe anxiety and I try to help them and support them in anyway I can. Are you in college at the moment or are you working? If not then maybe when you are ready to start something new you will meet more people. Feel free to DM me on here if you want to talk about anything! I'm happy to just hear you out if that's what you need :smile: Also, some friends (even if you are not close) is better than none, you will find your purpose, you're still young don't worry.
Reply 3
Maybe your boyfriend think his plan is too secret to tell you.
Do you talk to him about your mental health?

Quick Reply

Latest