Taiyba17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How can i link subjects such as psychology and Re into my personal statement if i am applying to primary education course?
Arden University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there,

You could focus your personal statement around how you have a general knowledge on a variety of areas that can help with your overall pursuit of going into primary education. Primary education requires a wide array of knowledge and so any subjects are valuable

Toni,
Student Ambassador
cloud1706
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For psychology, you can mention how studying the subject benefits you and you will notice changes in behaviour in children and think about what the changes indicate. You can mention how the mental health of the children are important and benefit you for futuristic jobs.

For RE, you could mention the knowledge you gained from the subject and see if you can link to a particular module that is part of the course.
Taiyba17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arden University)
Hi there,

You could focus your personal statement around how you have a general knowledge on a variety of areas that can help with your overall pursuit of going into primary education. Primary education requires a wide array of knowledge and so any subjects are valuable

Toni,
Student Ambassador
So would i not specifically include my subjects in my personal statement
Taiyba17
Rep:
?
(Original post by cloud1706)
For psychology, you can mention how studying the subject benefits you and you will notice changes in behaviour in children and think about what the changes indicate. You can mention how the mental health of the children are important and benefit you for futuristic jobs.

For RE, you could mention the knowledge you gained from the subject and see if you can link to a particular module that is part of the course.
Ok thank you
Taiyba17
Rep:
?
As my third subject is Urdu, do i have to include all my subjects or can i only include two of them because i have no idea how to link Urdu with this specific course
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Taiyba17)
As my third subject is Urdu, do i have to include all my subjects or can i only include two of them because i have no idea how to link Urdu with this specific course
You don't need to talk about your A Levels at all. You should focus on your experience and interest in the practical (i.e. doing) aspects of primary ed - what it is like being a teacher and what skills you have to be a good teacher
elsiemay16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Talk about child psychology, specia needs ect
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Discuss case studies. Give examples.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (88)
28.03%
No - I have already returned home (40)
12.74%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
19.11%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
10.19%
No - I live at home during term anyway (94)
29.94%

Watched Threads