The Student Room Group

Mad boyfriend

How to handle a man who gets mad with me "showing too much" skin when all I did is wear shorts and a barely DEEP v-neck shirt?

I hate it when he does that and when I tried to knock some sense into him, we just end up in an argument
leave him

Your body, your choice
Put some clothes on. Jokes go shorter.
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
leave him

Your body, your choice

Is there another alternative? LOL
Original post by pinkbunnybear12
Is there another alternative? LOL

do you like being controlled?
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
do you like being controlled?

Exactly, i hate this type of boyfriend
Talk to him about how it is affecting you, like maybe how you feel like you have no freedom(?) - it may help him realise his own actions and its effects on you.
Ask him if he really thinks his own opinions matter more than yours, when really you both should be equal. Why should his opinions matter more?
Tell him that it is your body and so him deciding what you can/cannot wear is unacceptable - why should he attempt to have control over something that is not actually his?
Does he not think about your view of things? Tell him that he is being inconsiderate about how you feel and that him deciding what you wear will only bring relief/happiness for one side of the relationship (him), whilst the other half remains hollow and unsatisfied (you) - is that what he wants? Is this selfishness?.

It's all about making him aware of what he's doing and reflect on his actions, whether he agrees with what you say or not. Even if this still leads to an argument, he will probably end up thinking about all these things anyway.
Y is he ur bf? This is pure control freakery and u know, other aspects of his character will be like this. It's called a red flag for a reason.

If he saw u had an OF page would u feel physically safe?
drop his ass wtf
Why would you want to handle being in a relationship with a guy with anger management issues who wants to dictate your wardrobe?
The controlling behaviour and fighting is only likely to get worse.
Original post by pinkbunnybear12
How to handle a man who gets mad with me "showing too much" skin when all I did is wear shorts and a barely DEEP v-neck shirt?

I hate it when he does that and when I tried to knock some sense into him, we just end up in an argument

sounds like a control freak who is insecure. He doesn't get to decide what you should wear. You need to dump him. Now.
Leave him, he’s toxic & insecure, tell him if he doesn’t change his attitude and trust towards u then there’s no point u guys being together.

Quick Reply

Latest