LifeofPi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys,
I'm applying to Imperial for Aeronautical Engineering, starting October 2021 and I just received an invitation to take the Maths Aptitude Test on the 9th November.

They haven't been very specific about what the test consists of so I was wondering if anyone had any details about this - is the test just maths or are there some physics questions too? Also, does this mean I will also been invited for interview as in previous years, the maths test and interviews took place on the same day...

Thanks for your help
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey! I have a similar question...idk how to prepare for it. Have you looked at the mock test yet?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Nope. I was thinking to "revise" before I do it, just in case we only get one shot at it.
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
Nope. I was thinking to "revise" before I do it, just in case we only get one shot at it.
poojak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
the mock test is 3 questions form which 2 I don't think you are supposed to know. The mock isn't an actual mock with actual questions.
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
(Original post by poojak)
the mock test is 3 questions form which 2 I don't think you are supposed to know. The mock isn't an actual mock with actual questions.
Oh okay...thanks
Have you done it? Can we do it as many times as we want?
poojak
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LifeofPi)
Oh okay...thanks
Have you done it? Can we do it as many times as we want?
nope. you can only do it once unfortunately and its timed for 5 mins.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
nope. you can only do it once unfortunately and its timed for 5 mins.
Ahh okay...lol such a joke haha. How is 3 questions meant to be a mock test uggh
poojak
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ahh okay...lol such a joke haha. How is 3 questions meant to be a mock test uggh
Yea its pretty dumb. I was expecting actual questions so we could have an idea of what could come up.
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
Yea its pretty dumb. I was expecting actual questions so we could have an idea of what could come up.
Do you think they'll just ask maths questions or do you think it's worth revising some physics concepts too? Also, when you said there were 2 questions that we're not meant to know the answers to...what did you mean by that?
zadhair
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Has anyone had an invitation for an interview yet?
poojak
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zadhair)
A lot of people are getting invitations now. I havnt got one i found the maths test pretty hard.
zadhair
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A lot of people are getting invitations now. I havnt got one i found the maths test pretty hard.
Yh It was quite hard-did they say roughly how many they were interviewing?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
got mine a couple hours ago!
younghenry
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
got mine a couple hours ago!
what kinda things will they ask
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by younghenry)
what kinda things will they ask
honestly no idea man, hoping for it just to be the generic questions of why imperial, why aeronautical eng and then maybe theyll ask some questions about whats going in in the industry now? also assuming theyd ask some maths/phys questions
tomrichard12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Please help! I applied but did not receive an email notification of any test. The last email I received from them was that they were going to send my application to the aeronautics department. So does that mean that they are not considering my application?
zadhair
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tomrichard12)
Please help! I applied but did not receive an email notification of any test. The last email I received from them was that they were going to send my application to the aeronautics department. So does that mean that they are not considering my application?
when did you apply?
tomrichard12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
when did you apply?
12th october. thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (100)
28.41%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.78%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (68)
19.32%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (37)
10.51%
No - I live at home during term anyway (102)
28.98%

Watched Threads