The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial 30 mins maths test

Hey, I'm applying for aeronautical engineering at Imperial and I was wondering if anyone knows anything at all about this 30 min maths test? The uni seems to be pretty discreet about it... thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I have the same question haha. Do you know if an invitation to take the maths test also means that we'll be invited to interview? I was just wondering because in previous years, the interview and maths test took place on the same day.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by LifeofPi
Hey, I have the same question haha. Do you know if an invitation to take the maths test also means that we'll be invited to interview? I was just wondering because in previous years, the interview and maths test took place on the same day.

From what I can see, I think you have to do the maths test then be accepted into the next stage? What are you applying for?
Reply 3
Original post by cocobean123
From what I can see, I think you have to do the maths test then be accepted into the next stage? What are you applying for?

Aeronautical Engineering
Reply 4
I take it you're an early applicant, right? Are you applying to Oxford or Cambridge and what course? (if you don't mind me asking :smile:)
I take it you're an early applicant, right? Are you applying to Oxford or Cambridge and what course? (if you don't mind me asking :smile:)

Yeah I am, I'm applying for engineering at Cambridge. What about you?
Reply 6
Yeah I am, I'm applying for engineering at Cambridge. What about you?

Same! Which college? I'm applying to Queens'.

Aw that's awesome, I'm applying to Christs.
Original post by Sh1vam.naik
Not sure either. It does say A-Level Maths syllabus but again that is quite vague. I'm assuming it will consist of a fair bit of mechanics but you never know.

Yeah true, have you guys looked at the mock test they sent?
Reply 9

Nope, not yet. Do we only get one shot at the mock test? And do we have to complete it by the 3rd of November or something?
Aw that's awesome, I'm applying to Christs.

Nice :smile:

How's your preparation for the ENGAA going?
(edited 3 years ago)

Not yet I'm gonna try prepare myself and do it probably in the next week or so as I have around 5 school tests and the ENGAA for Cambridge to do all in the next week.
Original post by Sh1vam.naik
Not yet I'm gonna try prepare myself and do it probably in the next week or so as I have around 5 school tests and the ENGAA for Cambridge to do all in the next week.

Oh jeez that's a lot
How's your preparation for the ENGAA going?

It's like ok... I think the hardest bit is the time management, and especially some of the questions towards the end of paper 1 and paper 2 I'm like how
It's like ok... I think the hardest bit is the time management, and especially some of the questions towards the end of paper 1 and paper 2 I'm like how

Yeah same. Time is the biggest issue for me. I also tend to make silly mistakes when I'm time pressured which is annoying but it is what it is haha
Yeah same. Time is the biggest issue for me. I also tend to make silly mistakes when I'm time pressured which is annoying but it is what it is haha

Yeah I have that problem too haha. Is this imperial test non calc? I literally only just thought about that
I honestly have no idea... The level of uncertainty with the imperial maths test is really frustrating. If they had been more transparent then it would have put my mind to ease.
I honestly have no idea... The level of uncertainty with the imperial maths test is really frustrating. If they had been more transparent then it would have put my mind to ease.
I got the email about this test and panicked! I hadn't heard about it, nor could I find ANY past exam papers (or even forums!) about it.

It doesn't help that the spec is so vague- we all do different maths exam boards and all tackle the A-level content in different stages! I'm worried something I don't know will show up. Furthermore, I don't even know what kind of questions will be asked :/

Super frustrating. I've also got the PAT next week and I've been spending hours a day revising.

Quick Reply

Latest