cocobean123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, I'm applying for aeronautical engineering at Imperial and I was wondering if anyone knows anything at all about this 30 min maths test? The uni seems to be pretty discreet about it... thanks!
LifeofPi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I have the same question haha. Do you know if an invitation to take the maths test also means that we'll be invited to interview? I was just wondering because in previous years, the interview and maths test took place on the same day.
cocobean123
Rep:
?
(Original post by LifeofPi)
Hey, I have the same question haha. Do you know if an invitation to take the maths test also means that we'll be invited to interview? I was just wondering because in previous years, the interview and maths test took place on the same day.
From what I can see, I think you have to do the maths test then be accepted into the next stage? What are you applying for?
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cocobean123)
From what I can see, I think you have to do the maths test then be accepted into the next stage? What are you applying for?
Aeronautical Engineering
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I take it you're an early applicant, right? Are you applying to Oxford or Cambridge and what course? (if you don't mind me asking )
cocobean123
Rep:
?
I take it you're an early applicant, right? Are you applying to Oxford or Cambridge and what course? (if you don't mind me asking )
Yeah I am, I'm applying for engineering at Cambridge. What about you?
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I am, I'm applying for engineering at Cambridge. What about you?
Same! Which college? I'm applying to Queens'.
Sh1vam.naik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I'm applying for aeronautical engineering at Imperial and I was wondering if anyone knows anything at all about this 30 min maths test? The uni seems to be pretty discreet about it... thanks!
Not sure either. It does say A-Level Maths syllabus but again that is quite vague. I'm assuming it will consist of a fair bit of mechanics but you never know.
cocobean123
Rep:
?
Aw that's awesome, I'm applying to Christs.
cocobean123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sh1vam.naik)
Not sure either. It does say A-Level Maths syllabus but again that is quite vague. I'm assuming it will consist of a fair bit of mechanics but you never know.
Yeah true, have you guys looked at the mock test they sent?
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nope, not yet. Do we only get one shot at the mock test? And do we have to complete it by the 3rd of November or something?
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Aw that's awesome, I'm applying to Christs.
Nice
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How's your preparation for the ENGAA going?
Last edited by LifeofPi; 4 weeks ago
Sh1vam.naik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not yet I'm gonna try prepare myself and do it probably in the next week or so as I have around 5 school tests and the ENGAA for Cambridge to do all in the next week.
cocobean123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sh1vam.naik)
Not yet I'm gonna try prepare myself and do it probably in the next week or so as I have around 5 school tests and the ENGAA for Cambridge to do all in the next week.
Oh jeez that's a lot
cocobean123
Rep:
?
How's your preparation for the ENGAA going?
It's like ok... I think the hardest bit is the time management, and especially some of the questions towards the end of paper 1 and paper 2 I'm like how
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's like ok... I think the hardest bit is the time management, and especially some of the questions towards the end of paper 1 and paper 2 I'm like how
Yeah same. Time is the biggest issue for me. I also tend to make silly mistakes when I'm time pressured which is annoying but it is what it is haha
cocobean123
Rep:
?
Yeah same. Time is the biggest issue for me. I also tend to make silly mistakes when I'm time pressured which is annoying but it is what it is haha
Yeah I have that problem too haha. Is this imperial test non calc? I literally only just thought about that
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
I honestly have no idea... The level of uncertainty with the imperial maths test is really frustrating. If they had been more transparent then it would have put my mind to ease.
LifeofPi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I honestly have no idea... The level of uncertainty with the imperial maths test is really frustrating. If they had been more transparent then it would have put my mind to ease.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (98)
28.32%
No - I have already returned home (45)
13.01%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.36%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.12%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.19%

Watched Threads