The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial 30 mins maths test

Scroll to see replies

Original post by younghenry
are people revising further maths then?

What topics would you guys revise in FM? I can't think of what would be relevant to Aeronautics in particular.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I contacted them.
They replied distinctly with "only single maths topics will be assessed."
Original post by donald.joydj
I contacted them.
They replied distinctly with "only single maths topics will be assessed."

thank god lmao
Original post by cocobean123
thank god lmao

I belive this test will be heavy on Pure and touch Mechanics.

I would recommend to focus heavily on revising the pure.
Original post by donald.joydj
I belive this test will be heavy on Pure and touch Mechanics.

I would recommend to focus heavily on revising the pure.

ok I will, thank you
To be fair I’ve just been revising pure cause I feel like I revised mech for the engaa
Original post by ImperfectSwift27
To be fair I’ve just been revising pure cause I feel like I revised mech for the engaa

How did you find the engaa - found section 1 really hard but felt like section 2 was really easy compared - not sure if its because of the timing ?
Original post by Krackalackel02
How did you find the engaa - found section 1 really hard but felt like section 2 was really easy compared - not sure if its because of the timing ?

yeah i guessed loads in section 1 cause of the timing, section 2 was a lot nicer with the timing, but I couldn't do 2 questions I think

Yeah I found section 1 really tough and ended up guessing a disturbing amount especially in section B. I just found the questions so different to prior ones that I had practiced. In terms of Section 2 I had the same thing there were 2 I made educated guesses on (got it down to a 50/50) and then there were two where I just didn’t have time to do. But yeah in general I thought section was far better. Which was strange seeing as section 1 was normally where I performed better. But I think we should all find comfort in the fact we all found section 1 horrific
Original post by ImperfectSwift27
Yeah I found section 1 really tough and ended up guessing a disturbing amount especially in section B. I just found the questions so different to prior ones that I had practiced. In terms of Section 2 I had the same thing there were 2 I made educated guesses on (got it down to a 50/50) and then there were two where I just didn’t have time to do. But yeah in general I thought section was far better. Which was strange seeing as section 1 was normally where I performed better. But I think we should all find comfort in the fact we all found section 1 horrific

I just want to make the interview cutoff so i can show myself properly :smile:
I just want to make the interview cutoff so i can show myself properly :smile:

Yeah same mate 😂
Does anyone know when they'll start giving out invitations for interview?
They can't make us do any FM content because schools cover it in different orders and it's not a requirement. As for the single maths, surely the questions can't be too long and complicated because there are so many in such a limited time. How can they expect everyone to have covered enough single maths content? I do further maths so covered single all last year but i know several schools teach them parallel, and I assume people may not even have had the option to do FM so wouldn't have been able to cover the course in the first year anyway.
do you think it's worth learning stuff like newton raphson's iteration formula or should i just stick to calculus
do you think it's worth learning stuff like newton raphson's iteration formula or should i just stick to calculus

weve only just covered newton raphson - so i doubt that ir would come up

I mean its one of the A2 maths from the formula booklet so i doubt they would ask a question on it. I read on one of the other forums (I think) that there was a lot of circular motion on it so that might be worth having a look at again
How did everyone feel it went?
ngl i thought it was an absolute disaster...went in with zero revision n was stunned by the questions (n i only made it to question 27 :_( )...how about you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by yeetinboi
ngl i thought it was an absolute disaster...went in with zero revision n was stunned by the questions (n i only made it to question 27 :_( )...how about you?

Do you mean you only saw up to q27 ir inly answers up to it? for me coming off of engaa this was a breath of fresh air to be honest because that went pretty bad for me imo and this was full of questions im more used to
this went so bad for me i couldn't answer most of the qs :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending