khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
so ive had the iphone se 2nd gen for bout two or three weeks now, and it's been working perfectly up until today.
i was playing among us and then my phone randomly switched off and never turned on again
ive tried everything and it's still not turning on, what could have caused this?
Nobody7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
did you try charging it?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did you buy it second hand or brand new?
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Did you buy it second hand or brand new?
i bought it brand new.
(Original post by Nobody7)
did you try charging it?
yeah ive charged it for an hour, but when it died it was at 80% or something so idk.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by khadijaaaxxxx)
i bought it brand new.

yeah ive charged it for an hour, but when it died it was at 80% or something so idk.
I'd take it back then, if it won't charge or hold battery power.
Nobody7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i bought it brand new.

that's strange, lol I'm out of ideas then. Maybe take it back or try and fix it at a shop or something.
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
so ive had the iphone se 2nd gen for bout two or three weeks now, and it's been working perfectly up until today.
i was playing among us and then my phone randomly switched off and never turned on again
ive tried everything and it's still not turning on, what could have caused this?
that’s really weird. I have the same phone and it turned off randomly once but turned back on straight after. have you been using it a lot?
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
I'd take it back then, if it won't charge or hold battery power.
im probs gonna call apple tomorrow and see if they can either fix it or give me a new one.
it's strange :K:
(Original post by Nobody7)
that's strange, lol I'm out of ideas then. Maybe take it back or try and fix it at a shop or something.
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmartUnicorn)
that’s really weird. I have the same phone and it turned off randomly once but turned back on straight after. have you been using it a lot?
yeah, at first i thought it shut down because it was overheating but then it never turned back on.
ive been using it quite a bit, but not loads.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
im probs gonna call apple tomorrow and see if they can either fix it or give me a new one.
it's strange :K:
It is but sometimes, you just get sold faulty phones, it happens and at least it happened now and not when you were out of warranty or not covered by the 28 day statutory return policy.
Badladd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Should have got an Android, I switch from an s8 to iPhone and I regret it
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
It is but sometimes, you just get sold faulty phones, it happens and at least it happened now and not when you were out of warranty or not covered by the 28 day statutory return policy.
true, ive got 2 year warranty so ill be ok.

(Original post by Badladd)
Should have got an Android, I switch from an s8 to iPhone and I regret it
i don't like androids haha
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Be careful when you go to the Apple shop not to be had over, they have somewhat of a negative reputation for scamming teenagers into paying for repairs that aren't necessary (which is illegal) or trying to get them to pay for new phones when the old one was perfectly fixable.
jellybellyb
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The same thing just happened to my sister's iPhone a few days ago. She had it looked at by the phone company, a place that fixes phones, and even the Apple store and they all said they couldn't do anything about it. Apparently, it's been happening to a lot of iPhones recently. :dontknow: I'm just hoping mine doesn't decide to die on me as well.
jellybellyb
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Be careful when you go to the Apple shop not to be had over, they have somewhat of a negative reputation for scamming teenagers into paying for repairs that aren't necessary (which is illegal) or trying to get them to pay for new phones when the old one was perfectly fixable.
This.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
While plugged in and charging, hold down the power and home button together for 10-20 seconds, this should force a reboot if you phoned hasn't entirely kicked the bucket.
Badladd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Ok
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by jellybellyb)
The same thing just happened to my sister's iPhone a few days ago. She had it looked at by the phone company, a place that fixes phones, and even the Apple store and they all said they couldn't do anything about it. Apparently, it's been happening to a lot of iPhones recently. :dontknow: I'm just hoping mine doesn't decide to die on me as well.
did apple give her a new phone?

my dad's coming with me don't worry

(Original post by Gofre)
While plugged in and charging, hold down the power and home button together for 10-20 seconds, this should force a reboot if you phoned hasn't entirely kicked the bucket.
ive literally tried everything, including that :/
jellybellyb
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
did apple give her a new phone?

my dad's coming with me don't worry

ive literally tried everything, including that :/
No, she's just going to buy a new one.
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by jellybellyb)
No, she's just going to buy a new one.
was she under warranty?
i am, but if apple doesn't give me a new phone i know my dad's gonna argue till he gets one 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (602)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (740)
41.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (353)
19.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.51%

Watched Threads