The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Anyone going? I'll be having a 2 1/2 hour journey on 3 trains up there from London, but hopefully it'll be worth it!

Three trains from London? :s
Clearly, you're doing something wrong there.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
My local station > Vauxhall > Euston > Coventry.

Quickest way according to national rail...
Reply 3
Where do they get people to show visitors round at this time of the year?
they advertised for people on unitemps a few weeks ago.
Reply 5
Notebooksecrets
they advertised for people on unitemps a few weeks ago.

Ah. Nearly signed up for that(Unitemps) back in the day. Have you done jobs & stuff through it? Worth a look in this year?
I signed up a few months ago, but haven't even had enough luck to get jobs stuffing envelopes. Sucks to be me I guess lol.
Is worth a look tho cos they have random jobs and stuff on campus, like learning grid assistants.
Sam o0o
Anyone going? I'll be having a 2 1/2 hour journey on 3 trains up there from London, but hopefully it'll be worth it!

I am going.... please could I mine you for information? I haven't booked so I don't have any of the timetables and stuff. Please could you tell me what time it starts? And also, if you're feeling reeally generous and lovely, perhaps you could glance at the timetable (if they've been sent yet) and let me know what time the English (and Creative Writing, if poss.) talks will be happening? I will love you forever and ever if you can help me! :woo: :biggrin:
Reply 8
I'm going :smile: Going to the Psychology talk and stuff. I think my journey is just over an hour so not too bad, luckily my train goes direct (I think!!!)
Reply 9
Not Invented Yet
I am going.... please could I mine you for information? I haven't booked so I don't have any of the timetables and stuff. Please could you tell me what time it starts? And also, if you're feeling reeally generous and lovely, perhaps you could glance at the timetable (if they've been sent yet) and let me know what time the English (and Creative Writing, if poss.) talks will be happening? I will love you forever and ever if you can help me! :woo: :biggrin:

English is at 10:30am and 1pm and lasts for an hour. R0.21, Ramphal Building.
:smile:
Reply 10
Not Invented Yet

It starts at 10:00 and finished at 17:00. There are English talks at 10:30 - 11:30 and 13:00 - 14:00 both in R0.21, Ramphal Building. I can't see any talks for Creative Writing though sorry.

I'm not sure how strict they are regarding bookings though. I remember the May one got booked up before I had chance to book myself a place and when I rang up asking if there was a reserve list or anything they told me to wait for the September one instead. If you can (just noticed it's already 16:47), I'd ring them up and see what they say.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Oh, and to anyone who cares, I'm looking at Maths and MORSE. :cool:
Reply 11
Haha, looks like Vickyy beat me to it. I'd bear in mind what I said about bookings though.
Hi, can someone give me the time and location of the Economics talks, if anyone is going?

Or a link to the page with them on (if warwick does that!)

Hmm, and also, I heard something about a parking ticket thing?
eeek, can someone help me out please?! :frown:
Can anybody tell me if it is possible to park on the campus if I forgot to book parking :P

Also, does anybody know the easiest way to get from leamington spa (or however its spelt :P) to the campus?

Thanks.
Reply 15
If you haven't booked parking I'd imagine you'll struggle to park on campus for an Open Day, and there aren't many places within walking distance (you could possibly try Varsity bar which is just north of the main entrance but I imagine they'll have ways to prevent Open Dayers from using their car park - and I accept no responsibility if you try and fail!).

EDIT - The Cannon Park shopping centre *probably* will have space available for free, it's a quick walk via something of a back entrance onto campus via the Claycroft halls.

Easiest way to get from Leamington to campus is via the Stagecoach U1 bus - usually but not always bright pink double deckers. Get on at the top of the Parade outside Tesco. If you mean by driving, it's the same route as the bus - up Kenilworth Road (A452) until you get to the A46, east towards Coventry on that for one junction. Campus is signposted from the A46 onwards. Or go through Kenilworth, which is slower.
Hi guys,

I totally forgot to book, well I missed it by two days, and was wondering if someone could tell me when/where the Maths talks are. Would be REALLY appreciated =)

Thanks,

Steve

Latest