Rampyyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am predicted ABB at A-Level (Maths, Physics and Computer Science respectively) and was wondering if anyone knew the chances of getting an offer for the University of Sheffield for mechanical engineering(AAA). My PS includes lots of evidence of a passion for the subject and I have been told its good. Any help is much appreciated
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rampyyy)
Hi, I am predicted ABB at A-Level (Maths, Physics and Computer Science respectively) and was wondering if anyone knew the chances of getting an offer for the University of Sheffield for mechanical engineering(AAA). My PS includes lots of evidence of a passion for the subject and I have been told its good. Any help is much appreciated
Having an aspirational choice is fine. I would apply to other universities whose offers are inline with your predictions too, though. Having a good PS won't really make up for not meeting the entry requirements, I am afraid. However ultimately it depends on how competitive the course is on any given year, i.e. how many other applicants they get and where their grades are - years ago, when I was applying, it wasn't uncommon to get in with grade or two below, I don't think. Although, again, things were less competitive back then.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sheffield is pretty renowned for letting people in who get lower grades than the offer, but as far as I know they don't really give offers to people with lower predicted grades. You should have a reasonable chance via clearing though, or potentially they will offer you a foundation year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads