Selecting meeting for charity shop

Watch
sumayaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve got a selecting meeting for the Barnardos charity shop on Wednesday and this is like my first ever proper interview (i did bad for my mock interviews in school). I know it’s not paid work and i’m volunteering but i still want to treat it seriously and use it as practise. What are some questions I should prepare for? Also how do i become less nervous because right now i’m shaking just at the thought of an interview (i avoid formal one to one conversations). Also, if anyone has done volunteer work, how was your experience?

Thanks!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi. Practice makes perfect. Build up your interview skills and technique as well. Read interview technique books and scan online articles too. Obtain written or oral feedback after mock interviews at home and then use that to your advantage here to improve yourself as much as possible. Good luck!
sumayaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Hi. Practice makes perfect. Build up your interview skills and technique as well. Read interview technique books and scan online articles too. Obtain written or oral feedback after mock interviews at home and then use that to your advantage here to improve yourself as much as possible. Good luck!
Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (618)
33.72%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (770)
42.01%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (363)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.47%

Watched Threads