June12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have a 30 minute online interview and have been asked that I have a calculator. Does anyone know the process of the interview and how it will be done please
Tilda1778
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Congrats! I had mine with kings the other day. Who is yours with? They asked me 5 questions and it lasted half an hour.
June12345
Rep:
?
Northampton. Why do we need a calculator? Do I need to swot up in my maths? What questions did they ask ?

(Original post by Tilda1778)
Congrats! I had mine with kings the other day. Who is yours with? They asked me 5 questions and it lasted half an hour.
June12345
Rep:
?
Northampton. Why do we need a calculator? Do I need to swot up in my maths? What questions did they ask ?
Daviescr08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i understand if you can’t say but we’re the questions asked specifically about a midwife and midwifery or a mixture about you and midwifery? I know it’s popular to have a scenario question, did you have something like this?
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by June12345)
Why do we need a calculator? Do I need to swot up in my maths?
(I'm a nurse not a midwife, however...) It tends to be basic sort of maths but you're still allowed a calculator. Some questions will look like "a patient is prescribed 1000mg paracetamol, they come in 500mg tablets, how many tablets do you give?" - the point isn't that paracetamol is basic analgesia, it's that 500mg + 500mg = 1000mg therefore the answer is 2 tablets. Some will look like 347x15 - when you've got 30 mins to do 20-30 questions you're better off having a calculator!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads