The Student Room Group

Online midwifery interview

I have a 30 minute online interview and have been asked that I have a calculator. Does anyone know the process of the interview and how it will be done please
Congrats! I had mine with kings the other day. Who is yours with? They asked me 5 questions and it lasted half an hour.
Reply 2
Northampton. Why do we need a calculator? Do I need to swot up in my maths? What questions did they ask ?

Original post by Tilda1778
Congrats! I had mine with kings the other day. Who is yours with? They asked me 5 questions and it lasted half an hour.
Reply 3
Northampton. Why do we need a calculator? Do I need to swot up in my maths? What questions did they ask ?
i understand if you can’t say but we’re the questions asked specifically about a midwife and midwifery or a mixture about you and midwifery? I know it’s popular to have a scenario question, did you have something like this?
Reply 5
Original post by June12345
Why do we need a calculator? Do I need to swot up in my maths?

(I'm a nurse not a midwife, however...) It tends to be basic sort of maths but you're still allowed a calculator. Some questions will look like "a patient is prescribed 1000mg paracetamol, they come in 500mg tablets, how many tablets do you give?" - the point isn't that paracetamol is basic analgesia, it's that 500mg + 500mg = 1000mg therefore the answer is 2 tablets. Some will look like 347x15 - when you've got 30 mins to do 20-30 questions you're better off having a calculator!

Quick Reply

Latest