The Student Room Group

gcse options

ok so basically im in year nine nd i ave to pick my classes for gcse and i hve no idea what to pick we have to pick math english and science and PE as they are all core subjects but PE i am definatly sorry for my spelling n e ways im definality picking textiles and we get 3 options and i have 2 more to pick
also
i have to choose between history religous studies and georgphy and i want to pick religous studies or georphy but i dont know what one please help
I personally think religious studies is easier to get a high grade in but if you enjoy geography go for it!
My school doesn't do RE but my friends in other schools all took RE because it is really easy to get a grade 7 at least! If you like Geography though and it is something you enjoy or want to do at A level or uni then do that!
Original post by deadroseex
My school doesn't do RE but my friends in other schools all took RE because it is really easy to get a grade 7 at least! If you like Geography though and it is something you enjoy or want to do at A level or uni then do that!

I agree!
i am in year 11 and doing textiles and it gets HARD. unless you have the time and patience to get a SIX at least and money to buy multiple A3 books, you can take it. as long as you really like the subject, take it. just sayin' textiles is VERY stressful and not how they say it is like. that is just my experience, though.
Try to consider what you might want to do at A Level - it seems ages away, but if you think you might want to do geography further down the line, then choose geography, and vice versa.
Original post by GOLFLEFLEUR
i am in year 11 and doing textiles and it gets HARD. unless you have the time and patience to get a SIX at least and money to buy multiple A3 books, you can take it. as long as you really like the subject, take it. just sayin' textiles is VERY stressful and not how they say it is like. that is just my experience, though.

to be fair though, i've had a completely different experience -probs different exam board. i absolutely love textiles - we only have to have one a3 portfolio and I love the sewing and everything, then again my teachers absolutely incredible and no one in his class (he's taught for 8 years) has ever got a B or below so I guess that makes a difference. everyone's experience is different though (apart from gcse art which everyone seems to hate aha)
Original post by x.hannah.xx
ok so basically im in year nine nd i ave to pick my classes for gcse and i hve no idea what to pick we have to pick math english and science and PE as they are all core subjects but PE i am definatly sorry for my spelling n e ways im definality picking textiles and we get 3 options and i have 2 more to pick
also
i have to choose between history religous studies and georgphy and i want to pick religous studies or georphy but i dont know what one please help

i would recommend doing a language as well x
Reply 8
My school makes everyone take R.E but I also chose geography so I took both. I found both quite easy but I got a higher grade in R.E so I say take the one you’re most interested in!!

Quick Reply

Latest