Purplemonkeys
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Are the A Levels I'm doing (I'm currently a Year 12) good for English at Cambridge? I've done a bit of research before, but I just need to check.

They are:
-English Literature (obviously).
-Ancient History.
-French.

Any replies appreciated, especially more in depth responses. Thanks!
Last edited by Purplemonkeys; 3 weeks ago
NY3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think they are fine
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by NY3)
I think they are fine
Thanks
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
Bump
J Gatz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Purplemonkeys)
Are the A Levels I'm doing (I'm currently a Year 12) good for English at Cambridge? I've done a bit of research before, but I just need to check.

They are:
-English Literature (obviously).
-Ancient History.
-French.

Any replies appreciated, especially more in depth responses. Thanks!
Hey! I've applied this year so hopefully my reply could be helpful (although don't take it as the universal truth)
I'm taking English lit, History and Religious Studies.
From what I've heard unis love it if you take History for A-levels when applying for English in order to be able to make historical and contextual links especially with the Cambridge course (which you have) as well as a language since that would help you with the actual linguistics studies in the English degree because you'll be studying how language changes and etc (or at least I'm 90% sure its on the course).
So it looks like your A-level choices are pretty spot on! However, obviously its important that you also enjoy all your subjects and aren't just taking them because they look good (many people have done that and regretted it because they haven't enjoyed studying the subject for 2 years)
Good Luck for next year !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (632)
33.53%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (794)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (374)
19.84%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.51%

Watched Threads