The Student Room Group

rejected by McDonalds???

i got rejected after an interview even though it seemed to go pretty well but he didn't ask much questions about myself but rejected me anyway,
also said this job is well suited for me as i go to college

what may have been the reason?

Update: i rang up for feedback the next day and he assumed i was leaving to go for uni next year but i explained i am taking a gap year. He said hes more than happy to take me on but now as lockdown has started again in england idk if he will be able to take me on
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Leila1979
i got rejected after an interview even though it seemed to go pretty well but he didn't ask much questions about myself but rejected me anyway,

More qualified person interviewed also.
Availability not suitable

Any number of things...did you ask for feedback?
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
More qualified person interviewed also.
Availability not suitable

Any number of things...did you ask for feedback?

yes the only thing i can think of is availability but he said it basically matched with what they wanted as mostly students work there,
i rang in an hour after but he wasn't in so im ringing tomorrow
yes the only thing i can think of is availability but he said it basically matched with what they wanted as mostly students work there,
i rang in an hour after but he wasn't in so im ringing tomorrow

In general they will interview at least 10people for the one position so it could well be that there was someone with more experience etc.
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84
In general they will interview at least 10people for the one position so it could well be that there was someone with more experience etc.

yes true, i thought working at a wedding,event hall and two restaurants would be enough but i guess not
yes true, i thought working at a wedding,event hall and two restaurants would be enough but i guess not

It is possible you can be too qualified. It might sound odd to be 'too qualified' to work somewhere, but I'm guessing their thought process is if you have a good chance at working somewhere better, hiring you wouldn't be a smart move as you could easily be hired somewhere with more and better benefits. You can never really pinpoint for sure their reasoning though. :dontknow:
Reply 6
How did you answer the questions they asked?

Your answers may not have been what they were looking for.
Reply 8

What questions did he ask? And how did you answer them?
Reply 9

Original post by CJ202020
What questions did he ask? And how did you answer them?

my experience & what skills do you need to work in a team, he said i answered them perfectly but the problem was me moving to uni next year
my experience & what skills do you need to work in a team, he said i answered them perfectly but the problem was me moving to uni next year

Ahhh yeah, they're probably looking for someone to work there long term. At least that's not your fault tho.

Quick Reply

Latest